Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Pre-Qual Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints Pre-Qual Mailer

@Anonymous wrote:
My experience mirrors Saeren's exactly except for the CLI as I haven't done one yet. I have had the card short of a year. I opened a high interest rate savings in branch as they are easy to deal with and yes the website is really bad.

https://www.bbvacompass.com/savings/clearchoice-money-market.html  ---- this one?  PNC offers less fees and higher rate 

In fact there's a ton of options that are at least 2.5% out there. My checking is 2.5% even.

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's the one. They are local a few miles away which I like. I do have others with higher interest and tend to move some around to get SUB's.
Message 12 of 44
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I just hate that they don't tell you the 10 categories...

I've been getting their mails all the time too, and also HSBC mailer. I think they want my money.
Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I just hate that they don't tell you the 10 categories...

I've been getting their mails all the time too, and also HSBC mailer. I think they want my money.

Here ya go. 

8D6B528B-E869-42A3-8832-41E912A62415.jpeg

497B6AF9-24D4-4D79-BA97-E015D2A5040F.jpeg

Like I said, they’re really broad. All of that spending for “utilities?” It’s my Comcast bill and my cell phone bill. They don’t drill you down into a tiny segment like the Cash+ does. 

Message 14 of 44
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow, they have healthcare and maintenance. If I may ask, what's the minimum to redeem? I might app but it doesn't make sense to even hit the SUB.
Message 15 of 44
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow, they require $25 just to redeem. Forget it lol.
Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

$25 redemptions aren’t the only way. You can make a purchase and use your points to erase it. Although at 3% it doesn’t really take that long to get there but yeah you can like go throw a burger or something on there and erase the purchase with points in the portal. 

Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

$25 redemptions aren’t the only way. You can make a purchase and use your points to erase it. Although at 3% it doesn’t really take that long to get there but yeah you can like go throw a burger or something on there and erase the purchase with points in the portal. 

What exactly are SUB's? I'm new to the lingo Smiley Embarassed

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 44
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

$25 redemption is pretty darn common, my BoA, Amex, Uber all have $25 minimums.

And yeah, I really like how broad the BBVA categories are. I have Medical as one of my categories and it covers doctors, dentists, hospitals, pharmacy/drug stores.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.