Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass NBA no longer taking new apps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Compass NBA no longer taking new apps

Was in my branch today and noticed all the NBA posters they usually have are gone.  I asked and the banker said they are not currently taking new apps.   When I got home, I also noticed they've scrapped it from their website.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Compass NBA no longer taking new apps

Good hopefully a bank that has their sh*t together gets it and it was revoked from BBVA for future applications and given to another bank with more competence.

Message 2 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Good hopefully a bank that has their sh*t together gets it and it was revoked from BBVA for future applications and given to another bank with more competence.

@CreditCuriosity- I recall that you and some unlucky others had that quite unpredictible and horrible experience with it.

Quite a mess

Message 3 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

CC I couldn't pass this up ...Lol

So tell us how you really feelSmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you forget your username or password to the point of being locked out (3 times), you have to go to a branch to reset it and then listen to them try to sell you tons of other products.

I now use it once a month for coffee to keep it active and that's it.
Message 5 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wonder if NBA dumped them or if they just removed the applications due to the finals and all star weekend coming up to save money then allow you to apply again in branch (Wouldn't put it past these slimes as they locked people out before during the final/all star weekend so they didn't have to pay out 5x).  Thank god they took the online applications down due to the "unable to verify identity" debacle and made people do it in branch as they couldn't figure their head from their arse.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wonder if NBA dumped them or if they just removed the applications due to the finals and all star weekend coming up to save money then allow you to apply again in branch (Wouldn't put it past these slimes as they locked people out before during the final/all star weekend so they didn't have to pay out 5x).  Thank god they took the online applications down due to the "unable to verify identity" debacle and made people do it in branch as they couldn't figure their head from their arse.

They were "unable to verify my identity" after I applied IN BRANCH and had a checking account with them at the time.

Message 7 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

They were "unable to verify my identity" after I applied IN BRANCH and had a checking account with them at the time.

Way to reinforce my feelings about them Smiley Happy.. Incompetent

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC by nature is extremely shy and afraid to say what he feels..... Smiley Happy

Kidding. His sentiments are actually spot on.

Best that BBVA has stopped taking apps given the upset they have caused to a number of myfico members.

Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I for one would be super happy to see the NBA find a bank that reaches the masses not just a small percentage of applicable people. I would love to get my team on a worthwhile card, if it were an Amex , even if not true Amex, id be stoked lol to just have an amex with my fav team!. Crazy to think with Nba wanting global coverage theyd use a regional bank who seems to have screwed the pooch with their brand. I could just imagine a Synchrony , not financial lol, backed account.

"Yes, id like a credit limit increase on my ________insert fav team, Nba card! Please.." " How much would you like sir?" " Ahh heck, i wanna be a baller.... id like 50k please!!!...." "Ok sir, we are sorry we couldnt give you requested amount would 45k be ok?????"". Lol, he shoots, he scores, drops the ball and dribbles off into the sunset....Smiley HappySmiley Wink
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.