Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Prequal Offers

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass Prequal Offers

@JaseT wrote:

I went through the mail from yesterday and what do you know? A preapproved offer from BBVA for their Rewards Card and the offer expired yesterday...the same day it arrived! LOL

The letter thanked me for opening a checking account and said that I was preapproved for the card. Very odd though that the options were either to call in or visit a branch. No online option, not that it matters. I really have no interest in this card. That's two cards from Key Bank and one from BBVA that I've been offered this week...guess the rebuild is working.  Smiley Happy

P.S. Hey BBVA, if you're reading this: How about just increasing my CL on my ClearPoints card? Even Kohl's has ya beat! Smiley LOL

Hello @JaseT

Do you remember how long it was from the date you opened your checking to receiving the preapproval mailer for the rewards card? 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 21 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Man, I was going to get a checking bonus from them which I applied over the phone to open my checking account. At the 2nd phase, where the rep would have me sign a DocuSign and stuff said he would call me back which he never did. And I still have yet to receive a debit card from them. They only sent me paper statements lol...

I opened up an account with garden savings credit union recently and I didn't receive a debit card from them for about a week and then a few weeks later the debit card manager sent me an email saying they sent one out and I got it.

I thought about getting the BBVA credit card cause I've seen people got targeted offers but idk I might just not go with it.
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA seems to be on point with their credit cards. I would never have a checking account with them because of the horrible reputation Compass had around here when I was growing up but other than burning a HP on a CLI denial, I haven’t had any complaints about their card.
Message 23 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

I went through the mail from yesterday and what do you know? A preapproved offer from BBVA for their Rewards Card and the offer expired yesterday...the same day it arrived! LOL

The letter thanked me for opening a checking account and said that I was preapproved for the card. Very odd though that the options were either to call in or visit a branch. No online option, not that it matters. I really have no interest in this card. That's two cards from Key Bank and one from BBVA that I've been offered this week...guess the rebuild is working.  Smiley Happy

P.S. Hey BBVA, if you're reading this: How about just increasing my CL on my ClearPoints card? Even Kohl's has ya beat! Smiley LOL

Hello @JaseT

Do you remember how long it was from the date you opened your checking to receiving the preapproval mailer for the rewards card? 

It was a month from when I opened the checking account to receiving the preapproval for my second BBVA ClearPoints card. Keep in mind that the offer expired the same day I received it, but I was still approved. Not sure if the delay in receiving the preapproval mailer was due to the USPS or BBVA.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 24 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
BBVA seems to be on point with their credit cards. I would never have a checking account with them because of the horrible reputation Compass had around here when I was growing up but other than burning a HP on a CLI denial, I haven’t had any complaints about their card.

I opened the checking account only to earn the bonus. Now it sits unused with $25 in it 😆 

When did you ask for the CLI? I want one but haven’t asked. I figured after my first card with them turned 1 year old that I would get one, but nothing. 😔 

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened the checking account only to earn the bonus. Now it sits unused with $25 in it 😆 

When did you ask for the CLI? I want one but haven’t asked. I figured after my first card with them turned 1 year old that I would get one, but nothing. 😔 

I asked in June. Was not amused when I got the letter saying my account wasn't old enough since the rep I spoke with said 6 months was fine. 

Message 26 of 29
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the response. I'm outside their banking area. Was told I had to wait 6 mos to apply for a 2nd Clearpoints (the agent had extra reservation codes) but could app for any one of the other cards with the code on a mailer. Only stipulation is the 2nd app has to be completed by phone or in a branch. I assumed the thank you welcome to checking mailer would have been for the rewards card because it seems to work with the checking account (+0.5% w/direct deposit).

I was also told the mailers come out of the maketing department so maybe that was the reason for the delay, some internal communications hang up. Sure hope they've fixed it. I'll keep an eye out for the invite. Thanks again!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 27 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

2.5% CB for everything?
Message 28 of 29
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
2.5% CB for everything?

"You earn unlimited 1.5% rewards on all purchases and could earn an additional unlimited 0.5% reward bonus with $1,000 in monthly direct deposits to a BBVA deposit account[2] 

Special Offer: You could get a $100 account credit with $1,500 in purchases made in the first 90 days of account opening[3]"

https://www.bbvausa.com/credit-cards.html

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.