Did you mean: 

BBVA Experience (What in the...)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Experience (What in the...)

@Anonymous wrote:

I think your best bet will be the CFPB

I did both CFPB and BBB. We shall see. Even if everything turns out, I will only being using the card for auto payment of insurance for 6 months whereas I can insure that I don't walk up to a POS and get declined.

Xace

Message 11 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

Certainly looks like a Duck...   Hope your complaint goes well

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry to hear that this horrid bank has done this to someone else. Here's my story.
Applied 11/01, went to pending. Got approval email 11/4, and got card 7 days later or so. I did a BT just fine and began using the card.

I noted that they had made an extra hard pull days after approval so I complained. They refused to remove. I got a call from their a Executive dept on 11/23, and later that same day my card was "blocked". I called in and it was closed for "suspicion of fraud or identity issue". Mind you it took WEEKS before I got this answer, at first i was treated coldly and would be given no answers at all. I finally escalated to the Vice President of Consumer Affairs - he would not reopen (or could
Not) so I PIF and that was it. I fought for three weeks to no avail.

This company needs to be stopped from doing this to others. I wish we could class action them -- it seems almost random who they do this to, but it happens way too often. Mine was only a month ago.

My suggestion is the CFPB ALTHOUGH I don't foresee them re opening. They are a complete joke and I suggest you move on. You DO NOT want to do business with a bank like this.
Message 13 of 21
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I field a complaint as well because they gave me this same escuse!!!! I was like you were able to pull my credit report using the information I provided, but yet no one called like the system said they would within 7-10 days, and it's some how my issue?  

If they called and asked for ID or any information off my account I would have passed this verifciation issue.  IDK this bank is useless.

Lets see how my complaint goes. I asked for th HP to be removed, an account o be approved or for them to actually call me and verify me. 

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the one upside to the Sonics leaving. If they were still here, I'm sure I would have jumped on this card.

Message 15 of 21
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

Certainly looks like a Duck...   Hope your complaint goes well

Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Anyway, sorry to hear your troubles. But to be honest, do you still want the card? I would rather just get the HP/TL removed and be on with my life. Hope it works out for you. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied to them about the same time you did OP. They did a HP on EX, and I tried calling a CSR a few days later to see if they had a decision. On the phone, they told me they could not give me a decision verbally, and that the information would be mailed to me. I thought it might be a denial for new accounts or something and they didn't want to say anything. When I recieve the denial letter, it is only because they were unable to verify information. Couldn't the CSR I spoke with before I recieved the letter verify information?

I called back multiple times to different departments and they all told me email a women at the bank in AL. I did some more research about the card, and figured it wasn't even worth the time. I would rather waste the HP than go through the hassle. 

Message 17 of 21
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

same thing here it's messed up.  My husband just got this card as well, and it wasn't an instant approval, no call for verificaiton, the card just came in the mail after he received a slam dunk email lol.  

I'm wondering if there's somthing in our reports thats werid for them.  I'm a "II" and I use my middle initial, sometimes the front end pages let you input the field and then they don't use that information on the back end when processing the information.  This is more common then not, I always fill in this informaiton and when stuff comes in the mail, it just has my first and last name on it, so go figure!!!! This might explain why they couldn't verify my information, maybe their like wait his name doesn't match up, well look closer into your system and youll see that it does!

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 18 of 21
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Wow another BBVA horror story.  Although I haven't had any issues with my BBVA NBA card, I've read enough to know I'm not going to put anything major through this card.  I basically use it when I go to T-Wolves games, and maybe an occasional tank of gas.  

This card serves as UTL padding for me.  

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's BBVA and all but...you were declined for a CC and called the CFPB? Remind me not to make you mad lol
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.