Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Mailer

I received an offer in the mail a few days ago for the BBVA Clear Points card. I was doing a little research on it and saw that BBVA credit cards are only available to residents of Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas.

If this is true why would I receive this offer when I live in Pennsylvania? If I go through with it will it be a denial because I don’t live in any of those states?

Any feedback is appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Mailer

It's only geofenced if you don't have a mailer. The code on the mailer will let you get their cards anywhere in the country. 

Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in North Carolina,  and I received the letter twice, and I was approved.  So I think you will still get approved. 

Message 3 of 47
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I received an offer in the mail a few days ago for the BBVA Clear Points card. I was doing a little research on it and saw that BBVA credit cards are only available to residents of Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas.

If this is true why would I receive this offer when I live in Pennsylvania? If I go through with it will it be a denial because I don’t live in any of those states?

Any feedback is appreciated Smiley Happy

@Anonymous  you should be good to go with the mailerSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I appreciate that! I would’ve never figured that out but assumed there had to be a reason as to why it was sent.

The offer is up December 13th so I’ll be applying after I close on my home on November 20th Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 47
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate that! I would’ve never figured that out but assumed there had to be a reason as to why it was sent.

The offer is up December 13th so I’ll be applying after I close on my home on November 20th Smiley Wink

Good luck, on the home and the Clear Points card! They run rewards promos regularly, all of November is an extra 4% on groceries. You chose a 3% and 2% categories quarterly, if you have groceries as 3% you end up with 7%. 

Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, No worries as stated above.

BBVA already expanded from spain to all over the world, current geofencing here is just for show, they have stated goal of "digital expansion" I am sure they are sending preapprovals everywhere right now.

Message 7 of 47
Remedios
Credit Mentor

They are, i got one, too. Wont do it, though.
Most cards with categories tend to be a fail for me, so it's pointless.

Now for MyFicoer question, are they sensitive to credit seeking and inquiries?
How about SLs? BTs?
Ya know, important stuff
Message 8 of 47
gorgon
Established Contributor

I was supposed to get one of these BBVA mailers as well according to my USPS Informed Delivery, but just like lots of mailpieces on ID, it didn't show up in my mailbox.

Message 9 of 47
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
They are, i got one, too. Wont do it, though.
Most cards with categories tend to be a fail for me, so it's pointless.

Now for MyFicoer question, are they sensitive to credit seeking and inquiries?
How about SLs? BTs?
Ya know, important stuff

- I responded to a mailer in March, I am in their geo area for AZ, instant approval for $6100 SL. They pulled EX for me, Fico EX was around 710, 7 inquires.  It has 13 months 0% on purchases, I think also 13 month 0% BT w/4% fee, but why do a 4% BT fee during 0% purchases?

- My statement was on the 26th and I didn't even notice they'd given me an auto CLI to $7900. I was checking my EX report this morning and there was an alert for the CLI, logged into BBVA and sure enough it was there. Heart

Alot of folks say CC categories don't work for them. I don't have an especially great memory but manage CC categories well enough - stopping for gas? Pull out BoA Cash Rewards for 3%. In Walmart? Pull out my phone for 5% with Walmart Pay. Stocking up on wine in Safeway? Pull out my Amex BCP.  The one that doesn't work for me much any more is Discover, going to toss them a 12 month 0% BT w/3% fee to keep them happy with my $15k CL because it sure doesn't get much spend.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.