Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Mailer

Message 21 of 47
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Just tells me, "this product is not available in your state" and doesn't let me hit submit. 

Yep, same here, but I just threw a mailer away last week.  (Georgia)  I guess you'd have to have their offer code? (perhaps?)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Just tells me, "this product is not available in your state" and doesn't let me hit submit. 

Yep, same here, but I just threw a mailer away last week.  (Georgia)  I guess you'd have to have their offer code? (perhaps?)

The prequal doesn't even work in CO which is a BBVA market. 

Message 23 of 47
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried in-branch? Or, is this online only? A friend of mine tried the in-branch method and it worked. IIRC, someone tried online a while back (from CO) and that yielded success so idk.
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Branch approvals are separate and there are two types of online offers - the ones for existing customers and the ones for new customers. Existing customers can login and check if they have a credit card prequal while new customers can use the prequal link but it doesn't work in all markets that BBVA serves. 

Message 25 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

I am not a current customer and while making a deposit for the office, they asked to run a pre-qual. Came back with multiple cards all $10k limit with varying APR’s. If you have a branch locally I would just pop in. Good luck everyone
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 26 of 47
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I did the prequal in the link above for the BBVA Rewards cars and it came back with a $15,300 SL @ 16.74 APR. Does anybody know if their prequal tool is reliable?
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 27 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
I did the prequal in the link above for the BBVA Rewards cars and it came back with a $15,300 SL @ 16.74 APR. Does anybody know if their prequal tool is reliable?

Pretty reliable, as with any pre-qual YMMV. Hit the apply button and report back Smiley Happy GL

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 28 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called the bank, made sure I could come in and with a soft inquiry find out my rate and SL. They said sure no problem.

Fast forward, I go into the branch, I unlock EX, they SP and they tell me they can’t tell me anything, that they would have to do a HP to tell me. Acted as though my report was locked or something and that their system will not let them SP through it. However I unlocked, so they should not have had a problem. As I explained and they agreed, they get no more information from HP than they do an SP, so I declined.

Noteworthy, they said if I allowed the HP they would give me the APR and SL and I could then make a decision before actually applying. So in another words, I could take the HP without having to open the account. I would just be left with the HP, if I declined. No new account to bring down ages, unless I decided to accept.
Message 29 of 47
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I called the bank, made sure I could come in and with a soft inquiry find out my rate and SL. They said sure no problem.

Fast forward, I go into the branch, I unlock EX, they SP and they tell me they can’t tell me anything, that they would have to do a HP to tell me. Acted as though my report was locked or something and that their system will not let them SP through it. However I unlocked, so they should not have had a problem. As I explained and they agreed, they get no more information from HP than they do an SP, so I declined.

Noteworthy, they said if I allowed the HP they would give me the APR and SL and I could then make a decision before actually applying. So in another words, I could take the HP without having to open the account. I would just be left with the HP, if I declined. No new account to bring down ages, unless I decided to accept.

That's Crazy, I was always lead to believe it was a SP.

That sucks you went through all that troubleSmiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.