Not applicable

Re: BBVA Mailer

Greatly appreciated DPs for the forum.

Thank you JNA1!
Message 41 of 47
JNA1
Valued Contributor

No problem Birdman. I will say that so far I really like this card, if you decide to pull the trigger on it. The app is pretty nice and the notifications are real time.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried, but the in-branch SP had a glitch and they couldn't tell me SL and APR without a HP, which I wasn't willing to take.

But, they did say the HP would give me SL and APR and I could then choose whether to accept, so it wouldn't affect my ages unless I accepted.

Still may, but I really got all I want. And with 8 new accounts in 6 months (6 reporting), I don't know if I wanna spook anyone. LOL.......but I'm still thinking.....
Message 43 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

I honestly don’t think BBVA would like all the new accounts actually. They tend to lean more conservative. Better to sit this out right now anyway, it was meant to be.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:
I honestly don’t think BBVA would like all the new accounts actually. They tend to lean more conservative. Better to sit this out right now anyway, it was meant to be.

BBVA doesn't give a crap about new accounts unless you're trying for a second account with them. My credit seeking has made it so I don't even have the option to check for a new card online despite opening a checking account with them. They approved plenty of us with lots of new accounts for the ClearPoints though, even sending us mailers. 

Message 45 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

BBVA doesn't give a crap about new accounts unless you're trying for a second account with them. My credit seeking has made it so I don't even have the option to check for a new card online despite opening a checking account with them. They approved plenty of us with lots of new accounts for the ClearPoints though, even sending us mailers. 

FWIW I am going off memory a bit.. The NBA card mess was crazy to me, how many people got denied for the simple reason that they couldn't be verified? How many people didnt even get responses about the NBA card application? How many people received and continue to receive credit card mailers when they live in a territory not supported? Heck, I think you are still fighting for a CLI and have mentioned it in a couple posts. BBVA is very confused and they tend to make tons of mistakes. Beyond that the branch manager jokes with me weekly about how picky and stringent they are. You and I both know they are a conservative lender though Smiley Happy GL

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

FWIW I am going off memory a bit.. The NBA card mess was crazy to me, how many people got denied for the simple reason that they couldn't be verified? How many people didnt even get responses about the NBA card application? How many people received and continue to receive credit card mailers when they live in a territory not supported? Heck, I think you are still fighting for a CLI and have mentioned it in a couple posts. BBVA is very confused and they tend to make tons of mistakes. Beyond that the branch manager jokes with me weekly about how picky and stringent they are. You and I both know they are a conservative lender though Smiley Happy GL

They definitely are conservative at times but I have a really risky profile. I have a BK, lots of new credit, and low income. The $2K limit is probably much more appropriate for my income and expected spend than my $10K limits are with other lenders to be honest. I gripe about my limit because it's one of my lowest but I use 10% of the card on months I have my cable and cell actually going to the card and not going to SUBs from my excessive credit seeking. CLI jail is my own fault. 

I did hear they made a huge mess of the NBA card and that continues to leave a sour taste in people's mouths. The mailer thing though, if you receive a mailer you can apply for the card. Mailers get completely around the geofence and the ClearPoints card can be really lucrative, especially for those of us US Bank won't give the Cash+ to. 

I wasn't around for the NBA mess but based on posts around here, they don't seem to have verification issues often anymore. 

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.