BBVA NBA Card - CLOSED without notice

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA NBA Card - CLOSED without notice

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Oh I know BBVA is a BANK and not a credit union. I find that hilarious. Even moreso the "$75 mil" claim.

Unreal isn't it baller... just unreal.  What some people will do just for their 25 seconds of posting fame!  Smiley Indifferent

Of course, we'll still carry on to see if there's any pattern and hopefully that's the only documented closure.  Mia & I will take ours for a test drive and see.

I don't know if I can really use your results as a bellwether.

Your OCCU card didn't get shut down, did it.

Nope, still alive and well, all $17K of it.  Used it last week at the movies.  CreditMagic still has his as well and a few others.  I actually stepped away from the forums when I was traveling and came to find out later (like months later) that a massacre had ensued with OCCU.  But, my card was left intact.  So, I don't know what all happened there.

Message 41 of 150
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Oh I know BBVA is a BANK and not a credit union. I find that hilarious. Even moreso the "$75 mil" claim.

Unreal isn't it baller... just unreal.  What some people will do just for their 25 seconds of posting fame!  Smiley Indifferent

Of course, we'll still carry on to see if there's any pattern and hopefully that's the only documented closure.  Mia & I will take ours for a test drive and see.

I don't know if I can really use your results as a bellwether.

Your OCCU card didn't get shut down, did it.

nope, still alive and well, all $17K of it.  Used it last week at the movies.  Creditmagic still has his as well and a few others.  I actually stepped away from the forums when I was traveling and came to find out later (like months later) that a massacre had ensued with OCCU.  But, my card was left intact.  So, I don't know what all happened there.

Uh yes indeed. My DUCK (Quack) Visa is very alive and well going on 2 years soon.

Message 42 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Does anyone know when Diners will accept new apps?

Smiley Tongue

We do not know yet, but maybe in September like last year.

Message 43 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I'd app.

After seeing approvals in my neighborhood of profiles.

@Anonymous,

I thought you were gardeningSmiley Tongue

I am.

Hopefully it's timed just right with my next app o rama once I get my gold.

Message 44 of 150
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I seriously hope that I am a one-off closure. 

The thing is, I am not sure WHY I would be a one off closure. My utilization is very low (2%), no lates, no collections, etc.

I'm curious to see the coming week. I REALLY hope that BBVA doesn't go all Oregon CCU on us.

Yes, something is amisss and what you've shared doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Other than to correlate what's happened with NASA, BMO Diners or even OCCU.

I was away from the boards due to hospitality conferences at the time of NASA blowing up, but did NASA end up correcting their generous lending limits?

Yes, sort of.  Folks were getting instant approvals via email right away with unreal SLs (>$20,000).  Then, as secondary verification processes with those applications had begun, some SLs were eventually slashed or taken away altogether.  Some people still remember the craziness.

Message 45 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing is, I am not sure WHY I would be a one off closure. My utilization is very low (2%), no lates, no collections, etc.

I'm curious to see the coming week. I REALLY hope that BBVA doesn't go all Oregon CCU on us.

Yes, something is amisss and what you've shared doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Other than to correlate what's happened with NASA, BMO Diners or even OCCU.

I was away from the boards due to hospitality conferences at the time of NASA blowing up, but did NASA end up correcting their generous lending limits?

Yes, sort of.  Folks were getting instant approvals via email right away with unreal SLs (>$20,000).  Then, as secondary verification processes with those applications had begun, some SLs were eventually slashed or taken away altogether.  Some people still remember the craziness.

At least with that, there was no HP to salt your wounds if you did the application just right.

Message 46 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I'd app.

After seeing approvals in my neighborhood of profiles.

@Anonymous,

I thought you were gardeningSmiley Tongue

I am.

Hopefully it's timed just right with my next app o rama once I get my gold.

I hear you...

Message 47 of 150
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At least with that, there was no HP to salt your wounds if you did the application just right.

It was nuts, especially for those folks who bypassed the SP and went for CC and got the HP only to find out later that the $30K approval ... well, went *poof*  You remember Nixon right?

Message 48 of 150
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha. How is that different than PenFed's policy? Don't they have the computer approve you for a large CL, and then manually adjust it down with POI? Still unfortunate if you were looking to BT a large balance or something. 

Ontopic: Was there a change on your profile OP from when you apped to now when they said they closed it? Did the representative say they would send a letter outlining the reason why? Aren't they required to with the CARD Act (this would be adverse action taken by a lender to a consumer)?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 49 of 150
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'm not really surprised. Oddball/more obscure lenders almost always come with a string attached. Stick with the big boy majors. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 50 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.