Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA now discontinued

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA NBA now discontinued

I made a post a few months back about the branches were temporarily not taking applications anymore.  Accoring to two branch managers I spoke with this week, they have both said that the NBA card is officially discontinued and "for the time being" current customers may still use their accounts.  They were both informed that the bank would not be bidding again for the NBA contract when it comes up.  

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA NBA now discontinued

I know this card was popular for a while because they were handing out unexpectedly high limits, but I've never warmed up to BBVA as an issuer.  Their service is just too flaky.  It will be interesting to see where the NBA account goes to next.

Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to all cardholders.

Yeah! To the possibilities on who gets the next contractSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to all cardholders.

Yeah! To the possibilities on who gets the next contractSmiley Happy

+1 give it to some bank that can handle it rather than BBVA/Compass..  They need to give it to a regional bank that is competent.  Hopefully they lost the rights to issue the card and the contract is being yanked from them and being given to another bank.

Message 4 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, im set for cards but as silly as it is, if its a good bank and i can apply for it i will , gotta support my team Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Funny seeing this thread. I just used this card today in order to show some usage. I rarely use it, though it always works as it should.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone received a chip card version yet ?
Message 7 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Hopefully a lender that doesn't suffer from bi-polar, schizophrenia takes it...  Oh wait.. Barclays has NFL.

BofA has MLB

Discover has NHL

I think Credit One has Nascar? (lulz)

Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, FNBO, USBank?

Who would do it better?

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.
Message 9 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I recently used mine too - basically to keep it active, but it was on my list of cards to close sooner or later (looks like it'll be sooner). 11.74 APR and $20k CL, rewards are not anything I've used, but I won't miss it since I rarely use it (was my only co-branded AmEx).

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.