Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

You can still access the bigger thread to discuss the actual card features. This newer thread below is mainly about our experience with the actual integration that was just completed and an attempt to get some data points for things like CLI and card conversion...

First, if you're a former or current PNC customer, you need to use your PNC login info, not your BBVA info.

UPDATE: Someone in this thread mentioned that their BBVA login worked, but they had to use their PNC security questions. I had to use my PNC login and security questions, so maybe there was a hiccup in the conversion. Try both sets of logins and security questions? You can reset your questions via chat if you can get through.

I noticed that my APR is much lower! Check your rate in the Show Card details section.

I'm sure that you all will be requesting CLI as soon as you can today 🤣. If you could, please post what the reps tell you about possible wait times for former BBVA customers to receive CLI, that would be great. I have a feeling that we'll get diff answers. So far, I'm getting the tech difficulties error when requesting online. If you're able to get one online or via a rep, please also let us know if you currently have an active PNC card or bank acct.

Check your account info, including phone numbers. They have a secondary phone number listed for me and I am almost certain that I didn't add it. 

You can find the following links by clicking the Customer Service tab and looking in the Manage Accounts section.

• View Your FICO® Score
  • Manage Income Information
  • PNC Easy Lock®
  • Request Credit Limit Change
  • Balance Transfer Center

Here are some other little perks that I found via the site:

• You can see your next statement date. Love this feature! (cough Capital One cough)
  • You can request a cash advance via the site 
  • If you need to message/chat, you can start a conversation and the convo will follow you between devices. Even if you log off, the convo isn't deleted.
  • You get your FICO, but be sure to enroll in the service 

Contact info:

They appear to be bogged down with requests. I was able to chat with someone this morning and when I called, even though I hung up before tt someone, I was at least prompted for my acct info. Now, I get a "we can't take your call" recording and I'm still waiting on a reply to my second chat from this morning. In the past, I have also been able to reach them via social media. They're available via Twitter, FB (including FB messenger). Good luck getting through if you need them!

Message 1 of 135
134 REPLIES 134
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Re: BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

@cr101 Thank you for posting this. 

I amongst millions of other sorry saps, have been migrated to this abysmal banking institution. 

I banked with them 10 years ago (not by choice) when they bought out National City. 

Here's an important note for PNC checking:  

if your coming from BBVA, you will be charged checking fees if you don't have a minimum balance of $500. 

Also they migrated me to the PNC points card. Don't be fooled by the 4% earning rate. The points are worth less that a quarter a penny!

Meaning, if you want a $100 cash , you need 50,000 points LOL!

So long BBVA, it was nice knowing ya... 

Message 2 of 135
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I tried to ask for a CLI on my PNC Points card at about 6:00 this morning😂🤷‍♂️, but the data CLI data is unavailable right now! 

Typically though, PNC CLIs are available every 6 months and they are SPs. 
25084654-B255-4F63-9E5E-FDEECD29908B.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 135
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

First, if you're a former or current PNC customer, you need to use your PNC login info, not your BBVA info.

I was a PNC customer a few years ago. My BBVA creds worked for some reason but here's the weird thing: PNC was asking me Security Questions from my OLD PNC account, which it's a good thing I remembered the answers Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 135
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@atst2000 wrote:

@cr101 Thank you for posting this. 

Here's an important note for PNC checking:  

if your coming from BBVA, you will be charged checking fees if you don't have a minimum balance of $500. 

Mine is saying it's a Virtual Wallet/Checking - do you know if the $500 min. balance is the same?

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 135
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone called to product change from the awful points card yet? I am looking to do so soon. 

Message 6 of 135
cr101
Established Contributor

Caved in and tried calling to ask about CLI. "Due to excessive call volume, we are unable to take your call." LOL. I feel sorry for those call center reps...

@Wavester64 wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I was a PNC customer a few years ago. My BBVA creds worked for some reason but here's the weird thing: PNC was asking me Security Questions from my OLD PNC account, which it's a good thing I remembered the answers Smiley LOL

That IS weird. Glad that it got resolved for you. As far as the ck acct goes, their acct types vary by region and they have at least 3 Wallet accts, each with diff ways to waive the fee...

@JNA1 Thank you for being possibly the first person to click the CLI button after the launch. I was afraid to be the first one. Now, I just have to quit checking to see if it's working LOL...I'm really hoping that they don't see us as "new" cardholders and make us wait 6 months for the CLI. My balances are as low as they're going to be for 11 months. Planning on using a 0% APR offer on another card. Hurry, PNC!

@atst2000 @Duriel Yes, this is pretty much being SD and used for util padding. I'll ask if I can PC just for the heck of it, but even their best option isn't really useful for me.

Message 7 of 135
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@cr101 If they'll change it to their cash rewards, it will be my best on gas for half the year. The points card is just useless though. Whoever decided a 3/2/1 structure card should become an entry level 1%ish card needs to be let go. 

Message 8 of 135
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@cr101 If they'll change it to their cash rewards, it will be my best on gas for half the year. The points card is just useless though. Whoever decided a 3/2/1 structure card should become an entry level 1%ish card needs to be let go. 

eek. I have the PNC Points Visa signature per my log-in (dont have the card yet).

I hope I can PC to something else since from what I am reading it appears to be cr** Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya new "rewards" card is showing up along with checking account on existing PNC login.. Need to call and see if can cancel checking account with cash in it as don't plan on keeping $500 w/pnc currently and BBVA made it a PITA to cancel checking either faxed letter or 0 out account then could close.   Hopefully PNC makes it easier as starting I believe March of next year they are charging $ for said checking account and need another checking account like a hole in my head especially one that has a monthly fee when so many are free.  No really sure what I will do with the worthless point cards other then use it every 6 months and possibly keep it alive as somewhat low APR 11.24%, but much better cards with even lower aprs.

Message 10 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.