Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

I was able to go in branch and cancel the checking account. In and out in less than 10 mins.

Weird looking at the app now. I had only one original PNC CC. 

Now five showing up...crazy!!😆

Message 11 of 135
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

Has anyone called to product change from the awful points card yet? I am looking to do so soon. 

I had to call and then they sent me to the branch becuase my BBVA username did not work. I was told over the phone and then by the branch manager that PNC will not convert any accounts to different products.  

Message 12 of 135
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Has anyone called to product change from the awful points card yet? I am looking to do so soon. 

I had to call and then they sent me to the branch becuase my BBVA username did not work. I was told over the phone and then by the branch manager that PNC will not convert any accounts to different products.  

Oh boy. I'll give it a shot sometime this week. Otherwise it's doomed to the sock drawer. 

Message 13 of 135
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Man, that sucks. So far, not only is this card a horrible rewards card, it is opted out of the Purchase Payback offers (which are actually really good on my Cash Rewards card) and you can't opt-in for them, and there isn't even any promotional balance transfer offers (my Cash Rewards card aways has a 0% for 13 month offer with a 3% fee. 

The bad part is that mine is a $25K CL and DW's is a $10K CL. I took a HP in December to get my BBVA card from $15,300 to $25K, so I'm not giving that up. I'm going to put a $1.99 recurring Apple charge on mine and let it pad my utilization. 

It's just disappointing all the way around how this transition has been...

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 14 of 135
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

I was told the same this morning from their sales dept, no combinations either. The only option is to apply for a new card and close the points card. She was happy to report you could redeem the points for gift cards. She said they have lots of gift card choices. Her example, you can purchase a $50 gift card for 45 points. I didn't bother to go look was too disappointed. She also said they run BT offers on the points card, didn't say how ofen but yeah, Sucks!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 135
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got an error message that said they were unable to use my BBVA info and to contact the bank. Smiley Frustrated

I then tried to do a password reset, but no dice. Bang-Head_zpsc10wcxkz.gif

So, undeterred by their IT issues I figured I would just reregister - that actually worked.  I even used the same user name that I had with BBVA, which honestly I didn't expect to work.  I had a special symbol in my BBVA password that might have caused an issue with the migration (I didn't use it for my new PNC password).

I have to say, I'm not too impressed.  The FICO score doesn't even work for me - it told me to try again next month. Smiley Indifferent  The card is next to useless, and since PCs seem to not be on the table I'm struggling to find a reason to keep the card at all.

Message 16 of 135
JNA1
Valued Contributor

There's going to be even more people ticked off when they find out that you can't make payments from the mobile app without a PNC checking or savings account. 🙈😂

You have to log onto the online banking site and do a external transfer. Of our 24 cards, PNC is only card I can't make the payment from the mobile app. 🤷‍♂️

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 17 of 135
cr101
Established Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@chuckwood wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

I was told the same this morning from their sales dept, no combinations either. The only option is to apply for a new card and close the points card. She was happy to report you could redeem the points for gift cards. She said they have lots of gift card choices. Her example, you can purchase a $50 gift card for 45 points. I didn't bother to go look was too disappointed. She also said they run BT offers on the points card, didn't say how ofen but yeah, Sucks!

I wish! She left off some zeroes. LOL. You can't even get a $5 Sam's Club card with 45 points. 

2,689 points = $5 Sam's card

23,155 points = $50 Sam's card

Now, the BT offer sounds nice as long as there's no BT fee. I already have cards that offer BT offers, but the fee is too much to make it worth my while. 

Too bad reps are confirming that we can't switch products. If they're lucky, most customers won't care about these things. It would be awful for them if they bought a customer base and lost a big chunk of them bc the customers didn't like the CCs. 🤣

Message 18 of 135
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I would have happily PCed to the Cash Rewards, but now I'll probably not bother with them at all.  I'm not one to close cards often (as in, hardly at all) but I'm thinking hard on this one. 🤔

Here's the ironic twist; I might still app for the Cash Rewards at some point just for the bonus; had they offered PCs it would have saved them some $$$, LOL.

Message 19 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@cr101 wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@chuckwood wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

I wish! She left off some zeroes. LOL. You can't even get a $5 Sam's Club card with 45 points. 

2,689 points = $5 Sam's card

23,155 points = $50 Sam's card

Now, the BT offer sounds nice as long as there's no BT fee. I already have cards that offer BT offers, but the fee is too much to make it worth my while. 

Too bad reps are confirming that we can't switch products. If they're lucky, most customers won't care about these things. It would be awful for them if they bought a customer base and lost a big chunk of them bc the customers didn't like the CCs. 🤣

BT fees for my PNC cards are as follows...  Nothing is free on BT fees usually unless NFCU or a few other CU's or possibly a new card sign-up no BT fee.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.21.53 PM.png

Message 20 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.