BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA/PNC CLI data points & other transition tips

@JR_TX wrote:

@Hex wrote:

Is it just me or was that CLI request decline offensive? The unwashed BBVA foundlings....

They aren't even trying to be nice. They could have cited a recent account change but no they went with: "BBVA customers need not apply". 

Lol. I can already picture a sign on their break room wall...

"Water dispenser for PNC Employees only. BBVA employees must use tap water."!!

That kind of mentality does sometimes comes across at certain levels when one company acquires another.

Occasionally it does backfire when it turns out that the acquired company has better talent and within 1-2 years they are the ones that start getting moved into leadership positions at the merged company.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 41 of 135
cr101
Established Contributor

@SarcasticComputer wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I just tried a CLI and this is what I got

Thank you for your recent request for a credit line increase. At this time, we are not offering credit line increases to customers whose accounts transferred to PNC Bank from BBVA USA. You will be able to request a credit limit increase after 2/15/2022. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for reporting the DPs on the CLI requests.  So, roughly ~4 months away, not bad.  Not sure why some folks may find such a boiler-plate message offensive 🤷🏼‍♂️  Seems like a straightforward message to me (IMO), plus at least it's published vs. agents guessing or not being sure whether it could be done or not.

I was joking about being offended. I kind of figured it would take them a while before a CLI was available. The card is not helpful for me so its going to be sock drawered anyway. I can't speak for everyone else, but I was just having a little fun with the whole thing. Smiley Happy

I wasn't offended at first, but I thought about it later and decided that I am. I didn't ask for this merger, but they're basically asking me to prove myself to them. The nerve! LOL...As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if there's another reason, like maybe we have to be part of their quarterly reviews?

As far as the BBVA employees vs PNC employees, for some reason, I was only thinking of the call centers and just hoped and assumed that we would get rid of them after the merger. I forgot about the actual BBVA branches. I guess they're still open? And, after my experience with two reps, I am convinced that they were BBVA employees LOL. It's a good thing that I rarely call my banks.

Message 42 of 135
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@cr101 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thank you for your recent request for a credit line increase. At this time, we are not offering credit line increases to customers whose accounts transferred to PNC Bank from BBVA USA. You will be able to request a credit limit increase after 2/15/2022. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for reporting the DPs on the CLI requests.  So, roughly ~4 months away, not bad.  Not sure why some folks may find such a boiler-plate message offensive 🤷🏼‍♂️  Seems like a straightforward message to me (IMO), plus at least it's published vs. agents guessing or not being sure whether it could be done or not.

I was joking about being offended. I kind of figured it would take them a while before a CLI was available. The card is not helpful for me so its going to be sock drawered anyway. I can't speak for everyone else, but I was just having a little fun with the whole thing. Smiley Happy

I wasn't offended at first, but I thought about it later and decided that I am. I didn't ask for this merger, but they're basically asking me to prove myself to them. The nerve! LOL...As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if there's another reason, like maybe we have to be part of their quarterly reviews?

As far as the BBVA employees vs PNC employees, for some reason, I was only thinking of the call centers and just hoped and assumed that we would get rid of them after the merger. I forgot about the actual BBVA branches. I guess they're still open? And, after my experience with two reps, I am convinced that they were BBVA employees LOL. It's a good thing that I rarely call my banks.

Yes, BBVA branches are still open and are now PNC branches.  In areas (such as mine) where there were both BBVA and PNC some consolidation might be expected once the dust settles, but for now they are all still open.

As for call center experiences, I only had to reach out to BBVA a couple of times but in both instances I had someone who was both friendly and empowered to help with my issue - absolutely no complaints. 🤷‍♂️

Message 43 of 135
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Yes, BBVA branches are still open and are now PNC branches.  In areas (such as mine) where there were both BBVA and PNC some consolidation might be expected once the dust settles, but for now they are all still open.

As for call center experiences, I only had to reach out to BBVA a couple of times but in both instances I had someone who was both friendly and empowered to help with my issue - absolutely no complaints. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed - I had the same experience. In fact, my experience with PNC CS hasn't been near as good as I got with BBVA. Other people have had different experiences, but mine always very good. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 44 of 135
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

I imagine they'd want to see some sort of spend o̶n̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ c̶a̶r̶d̶ on this card in order to grant a CLI. 

Message 45 of 135
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

I still haven't gotten the PNC CC. Anyone else also not get it yet? Smiley Indifferent

Potential Future Cards
Message 46 of 135
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Wavester64 wrote:

I still haven't gotten the PNC CC. Anyone else also not get it yet? Smiley Indifferent

I haven't got them all yet, just the new PNC replacement for the former BBVA AmEx card, so 1 out of 5. The other 4 haven't arrived as of yet. Interestingly, 2 of those 4 had fraudulent charges literally in the wee hours this morning. So I called them earlier today (based on the text alerts) and they'll be sending two additional replacements. It's going to be a PNC CC party in my mailbox in the next week or so 😂🥳

Message 47 of 135
cr101
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

I haven't gotten mine according to my Informed Delivery. But, I also read an article about the new AND old cards not even working. This applied to debit cards, too. Some couldn't access their money. If you actually have a bank acct w them or plan to use your CC, you may want to make srue that you can access your funds and use your CC.

"Interestingly, 2 of those 4 had fraudulent charges literally in the wee hours this morning."

This is why my card was locked at BBVA. I've had that happen twice IIRC. I didn't know if they would give me a new account number (and new tradeline), so I told them to do nothing since the charges ultimately didn't go through. Card was locked at BBVA, but I noticed that it was unlocked after the transition.

Message 48 of 135
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cr101 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

I haven't gotten mine according to my Informed Delivery. But, I also read an article about the new AND old cards not even working. This applied to debit cards, too. Some couldn't access their money. If you actually have a bank acct w them or plan to use your CC, you may want to make srue that you can access your funds and use your CC.

"Interestingly, 2 of those 4 had fraudulent charges literally in the wee hours this morning."

This is why my card was locked at BBVA. I've had that happen twice IIRC. I didn't know if they would give me a new account number (and new tradeline), so I told them to do nothing since the charges ultimately didn't go through. Card was locked at BBVA, but I noticed that it was unlocked after the transition.

I get that some folks prefer to lock their cards for added security if cards are not being used or monitored for some time, however, both of those accounts had been active and used last month + paid off right before the transition. It really wasn't an inconvenience on my part since the call literally took less than 5 minutes (no extra hold times) and new cards were sent.

Message 49 of 135
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Ok not sure if this has been addressed original thread 20 pages. When dh and I log on all limits are zero available credit😳No new cards either yet. But dh had 2 original accounts with PNC but all his show zero available with an error code ?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 50 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.