Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Pre-Qual Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Pre-Qual Mailer

Received one today, how solid are they? Also, is there a way to check SL before apping? What offers do they give out, if any?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Pre-Qual Mailer

I also received one today in the mail, after reviewing all the information I decided to pass on that credit card. I just don’t want to waste the hard pull. 

Best of luck!

@Anonymous wrote:
Received one today, how solid are they? Also, is there a way to check SL before apping? What offers do they give out, if any?

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 25
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

1. @Anonymous wrote:

From all information on this forum the pre-qualification is as solid as you can get for approval.

Very few reports of a denial after getting a code.

There is no way to check the SL first.....you have to submit and take your chances.

They also don't seem to be new account and inquiry sensitive from reports.

The current offer I believe is 0% BT for 13 months and 100$ account credit for 1500$ spend in 3 months.

SCL seem to be all over the place based on scores.....seen a few 5 digit ones .....and a few for a few thousand ....but most seem to be around the 5k to 7k mark.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same offer in the mail on Friday. I pulled the trigger last night. Went to a upload documents page where it asked for my front and back of my drivers license which I uploaded right away. Got email saying it is under review now. Appears they pulled Experian only. I have tons of Inqs and new accounts so this will be interesting to see the outcome. Will update my post if I'm approved.

Message 4 of 25
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Got this over the weekend.  Don't really want it but it was nice of them to send it to me!

Maybe if they had a really cool looking card... Smiley LOL

R.I.P Cards 

Message 5 of 25
crys12065
Established Contributor

Don't do it, it's a trap! Lol I got the same mailer and pulled the trigger only to get a $1700 SL. The lowest I saw on here was $2K so I was disappointed.  Wasn't worth the HP for me, but In all fairness I have opened a lot of accounts since October so I should have expected that.  But my 🍏card SL lured me into a false sense of security.   

Good Luck if you decide to app!  Seems like a good card to have for a 3% catagory. 

In the garden until 2020
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crys12065 wrote:

Don't do it, it's a trap! Lol I got the same mailer and pulled the trigger only to get a $1700 SL. The lowest I saw on here was $2K so I was disappointed.  Wasn't worth the HP for me, but In all fairness I have opened a lot of accounts since October so I should have expected that.  But my 🍏card SL lured me into a false sense of security.   

Good Luck if you decide to app!  Seems like a good card to have for a 3% catagory. 

Ugh, I thought $2K was the floor since that’s what they gave me. I bet yours will grow quickly though if you use it. 

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised to see that SL, BBVA is usually very generous with their limits

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I saw something about existing banking customers using app to check pre approval SL... Or was that another FI?
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thought I saw something about existing banking customers using app to check pre approval SL... Or was that another FI?

Yeah you can check in the BBVA app or on the website. Hit add more products and if you have the option for credit cards, you’ll be able to see limits there. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.