Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Pre-Qual Mailer

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: BBVA Pre-Qual Mailer

I got one a few months back, and got a denial. So they aren't 100% solid. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 25
TruFlavor
Valued Member

My fiancé and I got mailers and both got approved for $7,500. My score came in at 730 with them after my recent app spree. I like the 3%, 2% categories. I’ll also note that in my experience having several be accounts around 6 months and a recent app spree with 3 approvals within a week of applying they aren’t too sensitive on new accounts and inquiries. As an FYI I am now at 7 hard pulls.
Message 12 of 25
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Got a Pre-Approved mailer a few months ago.

I think I had to type in a code  sent to my cell

while applying. Went pending. Next morning was approved.

Called and asked for SL and was 10K No Docs.

740 Fico8 average score with the 3 crb's

I had at least 20 hps at the time.

Hope this helps

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, congrats!
Message 14 of 25
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I got one of these as well and was confused as I had never even heard of this bank before. It's the only other pre-qual letter I've received aside from Citi. Are they considered a sub-prime lender?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I got one of these as well and was confused as I had never even heard of this bank before. It's the only other pre-qual letter I've received aside from Citi. Are they considered a sub-prime lender?

No they’re not a subprime lender. The ClearPoints is actually a pretty nice category card. 

Message 16 of 25
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

I got the same flyer in the mail. I thought about applying because it is a Spanish bank, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, and so I thought it might have no FTF. Nope, it's 3% like most cards. Oh well, back to the garden for me.

AU

Message 17 of 25
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

As @Saeren mentioned, BBVA USA (formerly BBVA Compass) is not a sub-prime bank. 

I actually just got approved via their pre-qual’d mailer few days ago with a $10K SL. And only way “I think” you can app online is with an invitation code. Otherwise you have to be within their footprints of operation and go in-branch.

The pre-qual’d app based on DPs seems pretty solid with just a very few denials but mostly approvals. It just asks for DL/ID infos(DL # and Expiration)  and a code sent to your mobile then voila... Instant Approval! At least in my case. Oh and I don’t have any existing relationship with them prior to app.

Instant HP on EX.

AB78FE8C-A4C4-44FB-BC15-4474F816D6FE.jpeg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they pull Experian or Equifax?

Or are they back and forth? Florida anybody?
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Birdman all DP's I've seen were EX, including me in PA.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.