Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA clear points CLI

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

BBVA clear points CLI

Just curious from what I have read and heard here, cardholders may be eligible for a CLI at the 7 month statement cut.

My 7 month cut is coming in about a week or so and I am just curious if anyone has experience with them regarding this and how your experience was,  as I see there is no way to request it and hoping once the statement cuts it "may" be increased?

I used my card pretty regularly for the utility points and gas points and always PIF, but now I am utilizing a BT offer so I curently have 1500 out of 7500K used. And I am using disco and PPMC as I don't use cards I am using for BT's, too messy.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA clear points CLI

They may give you an auto CLI but don’t make the mistake I did and call and ask for one. HP just to be told that I need to wait a year before asking. I was so mad I thought about closing the card. 

Message 2 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They may give you an auto CLI but don’t make the mistake I did and call and ask for one. HP just to be told that I need to wait a year before asking. I was so mad I thought about closing the card. 

@Anonymous 

Thanks I remember reading thatSmiley Sad Yes I would have been mad too.  You just don't hear alot on this bank and didn't know how it may go with them.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They definitely do things a bit differently. I bet you’ll see a CLI though. I get the feeling that they are keeping me stuck because of my BK. 

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Also, keep in mind that ~7 months is the generally known guidance of the earliest expected timeframe for any auto-CLI.  So, if it happens great!  But, if not, just turn over that card to me and I'll make it grow Smiley Very Happy  j/k.   Definitely give it time just in case it doesn't happen after the 7th statement.  Keep us posted!

Message 5 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

Also, keep in mind that ~7 months is the generally known guidance of the earliest expected timeframe for any auto-CLI.  So, if it happens great!  But, if not, just turn over that card to me and I'll make it grow Smiley Very Happy  j/k.   Definitely give it time just in case it doesn't happen after the 7th statement.  Keep us posted!

Oh I understand, I did some searching and it seems a few got an auto CLI at 7 months, but others got closer to a year but this card doesn't appear widely carried so not much results, so I know YMMV, but here's hoping if not then it's ok, but I think I will keep my card @FinStar  LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.