cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA compass

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

BBVA compass

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 

EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 


Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.



01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 2 of 51
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA compass

Jnbmom ... now you have arrived in the credit world wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Starting Score: Unk
Current Score: 847
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 51
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 


Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.


Oh the temptation lol

EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 4 of 51
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@Jnbmom wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 


Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.


Oh the temptation lol


I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile. I got two last year myself before I took the one in December though, my only card offers I have gotten in the mail, so it may not be a big deal to get it later. In my case it was worth the EX HP because I get 3% back on utilities and 2% back on groceries (my utility budget is higher than my grocery) but if you don't have need of the (currently unlimited) category spend, it doesn't make much sense.



01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 5 of 51
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 


Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.


Oh the temptation lol


I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile. I got two last year myself before I took the one in December though, my only card offers I have gotten in the mail, so it may not be a big deal to get it later. In my case it was worth the EX HP because I get 3% back on utilities and 2% back on groceries (my utility budget is higher than my grocery) but if you don't have need of the (currently unlimited) category spend, it doesn't make much sense.


Thanks. It is a nice card that would benefit me, but not sure how much a pain in the button with the fraud alert?

EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 6 of 51
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@Jnbmom wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

 

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

 


Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.


Oh the temptation lol


I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile. I got two last year myself before I took the one in December though, my only card offers I have gotten in the mail, so it may not be a big deal to get it later. In my case it was worth the EX HP because I get 3% back on utilities and 2% back on groceries (my utility budget is higher than my grocery) but if you don't have need of the (currently unlimited) category spend, it doesn't make much sense.


Thanks. It is a nice card that would benefit me, but not sure how much a pain in the button with the fraud alert?


I haven't seen your cards but if its the ClearPoints, its essentially a 1% base with 2% and 3% selectable categories each quarter - you pick one for each %. Like right now since Disco is 5% for groceries, I have mine set to 3% utilities (which includes cable and cell phone bills), 2% retail (which Amazon and a PayPal Dell Outlet purchase both coded as retail in December when I looked at the rewards breakdown) but they have a bunch of them including travel and dining and there's currently no cap on the amount you can earn although if people abuse that, I'm sure it will be capped each quarter like all the other cards.

 

As for the fraud alert, I have no idea how that would work honestly. Might not be worth the hassle but maybe someone who has one can chime in on that component.



01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 7 of 51
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA compass

Its nice to get offers. I dont get preapprovals, prequals, compost, or any offers in the mail.im so far off any creditors want list/ mail list no eonder im just average JoeSmiley Wink.

This is another lender unavailable to me thankfully lol. Anyone that can mess up having an NBA official cc is just bad mmkaySmiley Wink. Stay strong but in the end if you really want it , we only live once lolSmiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
2022
!
Message 8 of 51
Moderator

Re: BBVA compass

OP, if you have a fraud alert, BBVA will be very squirrelly in the verification process. If you are willing to jump through the hoops, then potentially it may be a favorable outcome.

Previous BBVA threads indicate very sketchy outcomes whenever there's a mismatch with information or the presence of any fraud alerts. YEMV though.
Message 9 of 51
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA compass


@FinStar wrote:
OP, if you have a fraud alert, BBVA will be very squirrelly in the verification process. If you are willing to jump through the hoops, then potentially it may be a favorable outcome.

Previous BBVA threads indicate very sketchy outcomes whenever there's a mismatch with information or the presence of any fraud alerts. YEMV though.

 

Thanks not sure I want to jump through several hoops lol. I did that with usaa and although usaa is a great bank, I finally got beyond frustrated with them and ultimately did not get a card.  


EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.