Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA compass

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA compass

I can't say that I blame you and I can definitely tell you (not to tempt you of course 😉), it's a great offer and pretty solid as far as pre-approvals go with BBVA. Talk about timing huh.

Here, let me use it 😆
Message 11 of 51
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
I can't say that I blame you and I can definitely tell you (not to tempt you of course 😉), it's a great offer and pretty solid as far as pre-approvals go with BBVA. Talk about timing huh.

Here, let me use it 😆

Lol I am still on fence, waiting to be pushed one way or another 😅😅 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 51
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

Yay you!!!

I got one of these the other day too- it was 0% for like 13 months & I forget the SUB.

I round filed mine since I just got the 20K Inspirus VS- I need to garden for a year, at least.

It's killing me though cause now the preapprovals start rolling in. rolleyes (1).gif   Figures. LOL

@Anonymous wrote: I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile.

Whoops, I didn't know that.. Ooops..

Message 13 of 51
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny got a preapproval offer in the mail from them. This is really my first offer that wasn't from crappy cards.

But just got that fraud alert so I will skip the hassle and keep my goal that I set for no new accounts, but what timing 😂😂😂😂

Those preapprovals are generally totally solid. They even gave me my $2K card in December despite low income and all the other cards I added last year. Made me happy because the 3%/2% flexible categories are awesome.

Oh the temptation lol

I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile. I got two last year myself before I took the one in December though, my only card offers I have gotten in the mail, so it may not be a big deal to get it later. In my case it was worth the EX HP because I get 3% back on utilities and 2% back on groceries (my utility budget is higher than my grocery) but if you don't have need of the (currently unlimited) category spend, it doesn't make much sense.

I had no idea about this. For the past 2 years I was gettiing what seemed like 2 invites a month for this stinking card. All I saw was the 1% catagory and it went to feed my paper shreader.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 14 of 51
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yay you!!!

I got one of these the other day too- it was 0% for like 13 months & I forget the SUB.

I round filed mine since I just got the 20K Inspirus VS- I need to garden for a year, at least.

It's killing me though cause now the preapprovals start rolling in. rolleyes (1).gif   Figures. LOL

@Anonymous wrote: I know you're gardening but if its a card you can see yourself benefiting from, it may be worth going for it since BBVA cards are exclusively invitation only. It is possible you won't see another offer for awhile.

Whoops, I didn't know that.. Ooops..

Yes I mean I have great cards but my preapprovals have always been FP and credit one type offers. To get an actual decent card feels good, of course 3 days after getting a fraud alert put into place, it's kinda funny in a way.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 51
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just noticed that BBVA has added yet another card to their line up.
https://www.bbvacompass.com/credit-cards/bbvacompass-select.html

Screenshot_20190112-182146.png

Message 16 of 51
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

I just noticed that BBVA has added yet another card to their line up.
https://www.bbvacompass.com/credit-cards/bbvacompass-select.html

Screenshot_20190112-182146.png

Wait is that just for that card, or do their cards specify certain states?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 51
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes, all of their cards are for specific States. Unless you have a pre-approval.

Message 18 of 51
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yes, all of their cards are for specific States. Unless you have a pre-approval.

Now I feel real special since I live in VA 😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 51
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

Correct, if you live in a specific footprint state  you can still apply directly online.  Pre-approvals are the way to go if you reside outside of their lending footprint.

@Anonymous, BBVA is not exclusive to just pre-approval direct mail offers.  As per my comment above, if an applicant resides within the specific lending area, cards can be applied online without the prerequisite of a pre-approved offer. 

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.