tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA compass

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got another invitation today lol. 

LOL

Yeah I told my personal care when she brought it “**bleep** I just got this card last month and they already want me to get another one?!”

Message 41 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

Yeah, FWIW I think I got a couple of invitations for the same card after I was approved for it as well.

Fun fact:  Once you have a card with them you can go in through the app to check for pre-approvals.  BBVA/Compass is one of the few who will actually give you the exact APR and credit line up-front for a new card and you can still back out.  Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

Yeah, FWIW I think I got a couple of invitations for the same card after I was approved for it as well.

Fun fact:  Once you have a card with them you can go in through the app to check for pre-approvals.  BBVA/Compass is one of the few who will actually give you the exact APR and credit line up-front for a new card and you can still back out.  Smiley Happy

So check in 6 months for an AJC special on a new card then? Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

LOL... yeah, you could say that! 

I checked just a couple of weeks ago, and was rather (pleasantly) surprised to get a good offer:

Compass1.jpgCompass2.png

I definitely don't need another 2% card, but it's nice to know there are options (at least right now; it could always change, of course).

I'll add that my existing card with them was opened a year and a half ago with a $10k credit line, and is now at $11.5k after an auto-CLI, so $10.6k is a rather generous offer for my profile.

Message 44 of 51
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Hmmm starting to peak my interest now LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 45 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Hmmm starting to peak my interest now LOL

I'll be the first to say they are 'quirky' (and when I used them years ago for my checking account I was less than impressed), but this time around they've been solid.  I particularly like their 'real time rewards' redemption, which if you want can be used to redeem rewards in any dollar amount, otherwise you redeem as statement credits in $25 increments.

I have my 3% category set to 'travel', so it's a back-up for my WF Propel, so to speak.  (Actually until August I was using the BBVA/Compass card exclusively, but I switched over to WF to see if some usage will 'coax' an auto-CLI out of them.)

Through the summer I routinely used the card out-of-state, and there was never a hiccup.  Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

LOL... yeah, you could say that! 

I checked just a couple of weeks ago, and was rather (pleasantly) surprised to get a good offer:

Compass1.jpgCompass2.png

I definitely don't need another 2% card, but it's nice to know there are options (at least right now; it could always change, of course).

I'll add that my existing card with them was opened a year and a half ago with a $10k credit line, and is now at $11.5k after an auto-CLI, so $10.6k is a rather generous offer for my profile.

Yeah I am sticking to my original “no way will I bank with them” so fortunately for my AAoA they don’t have another card right now that interests me. I do hope they give me a decent CLI though because 2K is a bit meh. 

But on the other hand, I have already earned $20.10 on $1142.63 in purchases. And their categories are surprisingly broad. I am waiting to see if my Xfinity Mobile codes as cell phone and if it does, BBVA will have a minimum of $200 spend every month for my internet and phone because that’s 3%. 

Message 47 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That actually is a nice looking card UncleBSmiley Happy Nice offer and actually cool prequal factorSmiley Happy
Message 48 of 51
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Has anyone considered doing a phone application with a CSR? Perhaps that would minimize the invalid code and other issues? The mailer has the number and times. Any benefit or disadvantage to this?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 49 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
That actually is a nice looking card UncleBSmiley Happy Nice offer and actually cool prequal factorSmiley Happy

Yeah, it's actually a much nicer looking card than the ClearPoints, but the ClearPoints is more valuable (which of course is what matters).

I actually like the BBVA/Compass 2% card better than the Citi Double Cash, since redemptions are easier with BBVA (not to mention the APR is 8% lower than the rate on my Double Cash, which doesn't really matter, but still...).

I won't be taking it, though, since I would never have a reason to use it.  My (very) modest spend is more than covered with my existing stack of plastic.  There's also the small matter of the 2.5% Limitless, which makes it hard to justify using any 2% card - not that I'm complaining, of course.

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.