Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
Roger1071549
New Contributor

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

PNC has updated their page with the credit card product peole will get. it looks like those of us withe clearpoints card will have a choice, only issue is that neither card is like the clearpoints card. Ill choose the cash (as it seems I get to choose). 

https://www.pnc.com/en/about-pnc/topics/acquisition-update.html?WT.ac=bbva-home

967C9AB8-9E4E-4F06-A4CD-DDE4AFB8DF66.jpeg

Message 1 of 191
190 REPLIES 190
JL276
Regular Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

So disappointing. I had a feeling they wouldn't keep the structure of the Clear Points. Card will be sock drawered until it reaches a year old. Maybe I'll keep it for until padding but it will get 0 swipes from me when it switches to PNC.

Possible .50 Amazon reload once a year. I strictly used it for the 3% healthcare category as it covered dental and pharmacy, massages, facials etc. I shall mourn my loss. 

Message 2 of 191
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I never thought I would ever say that I am glad I took the offer for the Comenity Mastercard instead of apping for the BBVA Clearpoints. The PNC cash rewards card is one of the stingiest I have seen with capping ALL above 1% at 8K a year.

Message 3 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I never thought I would ever say that I am glad I took the offer for the Comenity Mastercard instead of apping for the BBVA Clearpoints. The PNC cash rewards card is one of the stingiest I have seen with capping ALL above 1% at 8K a year.

While I agree, it is a good gas card as long you spend less than 8% per year. This is no problem for us since we also have a quarter of 5% gas on the Disco card. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@JL276 wrote:

So disappointing. I had a feeling they wouldn't keep the structure of the Clear Points. Card will be sock drawered until it reaches a year old. Maybe I'll keep it for until padding but it will get 0 swipes from me when it switches to PNC.

Possible .50 Amazon reload once a year. I strictly used it for the 3% healthcare category as it covered dental and pharmacy, massages, facials etc. I shall mourn my loss. 

I agree, we're losing overall our best cash back cards. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 191
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow this is good news! Thank you for the update! I will be picking up the cash rewards. Wish it was 5% tho but it's good enough.

Message 6 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope we get to choose and they don't chose for us. I rather the Cash Rewards. I read further on this page that apr and cl won't change, but cash advance limit can change.

Im sad to see BBVA clear points go. I just obtain the card in February. The 3% on healthcare and maintenance was nice. On the bright side I'm happy to have a relationship with PNC.

thanks @Roger1071549 for posting he update.

Message 7 of 191
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

For those of us that have AOD, Clearpoints became redundant. I now use Max Cash for utilities so losing Clearpoints isn't a great loss, but PNC would've been wise to add a Max Cash type card product to replace the BBVA cards with a superior product vs. their fixed category card. 

Message 8 of 191
Roger1071549
New Contributor

@Anonymous  You wre welcome. I was checking that site daily to see what PNC planned.

Now that I have calmed down from my initial knee jerk reaction of disapproval, I will keep the card. I have the Savor card (the grandfathered version). If Capital One ever asks for an annual fee, I will replace with the PNC card. Until that happens, gas only. 

I am disappointed that they are getting rid of the rotating categories, but what it seems is that PNC is less interested in having lots of different types of credit

card reward programs.

Message 9 of 191
ficosuave
Contributor

Guess it was too much to ask that they might absorb the ClearPoints structure into their existing Points card.

Either way, this one's been near the bottom of my deck since the BBVA monthly bonus point offers stopped rolling in, and that seems unlikely to change.

Message 10 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.