Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Wonder what will happen since I already have the cash rewards visa if allow two of them?  No interest in points card.  Suppose time will tell.

Message 11 of 191
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Wonder what will happen since I already have the cash rewards visa if allow two of them?  No interest in points card.  Suppose time will tell.

I'm in much the same position except that I have both options although I'd be OK if they combined the 2 CR cards. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 191
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered: But is it likely that PNC will keep everyone's existing CLs intact? I'm thinking of calling and asking BBVA for a huge CLI before the takeover on my BBVA AMEX.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 13 of 191
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered: But is it likely that PNC will keep everyone's existing CLs intact? I'm thinking of calling and asking BBVA for a huge CLI before the takeover on my BBVA AMEX.

It says on their site that CLs and APRs would remain the same. The only possible adjustment would be cash advance lines. 

BBVA CLIs are HP while PNC is SP. Personally I'd wait it out but if you do, let us know the data points 👍

Message 14 of 191
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered: But is it likely that PNC will keep everyone's existing CLs intact? I'm thinking of calling asking BBVA for a huge CLI before the takeover on my BBVA AMEX.

It says on their site that CLs and APRs would remain the same. The only possible adjustment would be cash advance lines. 

BBVA CLIs are HP while PNC is SP. Personally I'd wait it out but if you do, let us know the data points 👍

Even though it is a HP I'm still thinking of doing it with BBVA because from what I've read PNC is pretty stingey. BBVA allows CLs past $50k if CR and income support it. There was a forum member on here who got his BBVA card all the way up to around $68k before he stopped posting a few years ago.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 15 of 191
bionictwist

How do I get to choose the cash rewards card if I have the clear points card? I don't see an option to choose on the bbva site and I got the welcome pack and no option there either.

Message 16 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@bionictwist wrote:

How do I get to choose the cash rewards card if I have the clear points card? I don't see an option to choose on the bbva site and I got the welcome pack and no option there either.

No one is able to do it yet. They are going send notifications when the time comes. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 17 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

For those of us that have AOD, Clearpoints became redundant. I now use Max Cash for utilities so losing Clearpoints isn't a great loss, but PNC would've been wise to add a Max Cash type card product to replace the BBVA cards with a superior product vs. their fixed category card. 

I have had the AOD card since June of last year, but it didn't make our ClearPoints cards redundant for us because of the the excellent targeted offers and Simple Cash Back offers. They were still usually one of our monthly top cash back earners until they discontinued the targeted offers after June. 

I have the PNC Cash Rewards card already, so I wonder if they'll let me have two or force me to go with the Points card. Honestly, I'd probably rather just combine the CLs and have one Cash Rewards card, but I don't know if they would allow that. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 18 of 191
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Aside from the targeted offers, what's the attraction to the clearpoints card? The standard rewards seem kinda meh. Am I missing something?

Message 19 of 191
Roger1071549
New Contributor

The attraction for me was 3% card that included different categories (like healthcare). It was similar to the custimized cash from BOA. Nothing amazing but better than either of the cards PNC is offering. 

Message 20 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.