Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

@JNA1 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

For those of us that have AOD, Clearpoints became redundant. I now use Max Cash for utilities so losing Clearpoints isn't a great loss, but PNC would've been wise to add a Max Cash type card product to replace the BBVA cards with a superior product vs. their fixed category card. 

I have had the AOD card since June of last year, but it didn't make our ClearPoints cards redundant for us because of the the excellent targeted offers and Simple Cash Back offers. They were still usually one of our monthly top cash back earners until they discontinued the targeted offers after June. 

I have the PNC Cash Rewards card already, so I wonder if they'll let me have two or force me to go with the Points card. Honestly, I'd probably rather just combine the CLs and have one Cash Rewards card, but I don't know if they would allow that. 

I tended to forget about those as they rarely worked for anything I needed. I think I used a Burger King and a Starbucks offer in the whole time I've had Clearpoints.  I wonder if it's because I rarely used the card for anything besides utilities?

Message 21 of 191
Flfico
Regular Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

The attraction for me was 3% card that included different categories (like healthcare). It was similar to the custimized cash from BOA. Nothing amazing but better than either of the cards PNC is offering. 

Personally I find 4% at gas stations year round more useful than choose a 3% category. There are very few cards that offer greater than 3% on gas year round and it fits nicely during quarters when I don't have gas as a rotating category. YMMV

Message 22 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

For those of us that have AOD, Clearpoints became redundant. I now use Max Cash for utilities so losing Clearpoints isn't a great loss, but PNC would've been wise to add a Max Cash type card product to replace the BBVA cards with a superior product vs. their fixed category card. 

I have had the AOD card since June of last year, but it didn't make our ClearPoints cards redundant for us because of the the excellent targeted offers and Simple Cash Back offers. They were still usually one of our monthly top cash back earners until they discontinued the targeted offers after June. 

I have the PNC Cash Rewards card already, so I wonder if they'll let me have two or force me to go with the Points card. Honestly, I'd probably rather just combine the CLs and have one Cash Rewards card, but I don't know if they would allow that. 

I tended to forget about those as they rarely worked for anything I needed. I think I used a Burger King and a Starbucks offer in the whole time I've had Clearpoints.  I wonder if it's because I rarely used the card for anything besides utilities?

IDK - I pretty much used mine strictly for utilities as well, but I frequently got 4X - 7X targeted offers on groceries, dining, gas, and pharmacies one month.  We used DW's primarily as de facto Walmart card because our Walmart codes as groceries.  

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 23 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

Clearpoints users are still in limbo. I hope that I get the Cash Rewards card bc the Points card doesn't even pay 1% if you redeem points for a Target card. If you get the bonus by having one of their checking accounts, the most you'd get is 1.5% back (at least when redeeming for a Target card).

And, can their checking account names be anymore confusing? 🤣 It took me way too long to figure out that some of those accounts were not the same.

Message 24 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bummer but honestly the cash rewards doesn't look too bad. I'm really wondering what they'll do with mine since I have 4 cards with BBVA. 4 cash rewards cards maybe? Lmao also wondering how these will report? Like I wonder if the BBVA will show as closed and then 4 new accounts show up under pnc with no history on them? 

Message 25 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly that points card looks like garbage lmao confusing point structure and they make it look like you're getting all these points but really getting like 1% back on each purchase lol

Message 26 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly that points card looks like garbage lmao confusing point structure and they make it look like you're getting all these points but really getting like 1% back on each purchase lol

I was really hoping PNC would adopt the ClearPoints rewards structure to their Points card, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 27 of 191
Bestman79
Contributor

Same here, I have 3 cards with BBVA all under 1 year.  Upon receiving the welcome packet Friday in the mail I called PNC as I couldn't find the answer to my question within the materials.  My question to PNC was will they be honoring the 0% intro APR that some of us have on our BBVA cards? After a brief hold the CSR could not confirm either yes or no at this time. I too am concerned about losing account history.  Of all the different credit monitoring services I  have, a month ago I noticed only Wallet Hub now has all my BBVA accounts renamed to PNC. So I take that as a good sign that we'll maintain account history (HOPEFULLY). If given the chance I'd combine limits on all 3 cards to end up with 1 PNC Cash Rewards.  

TCL=$534.9K
Message 28 of 191
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Welp, I have ClearPoints and the Rewards card, so I guess if I have a choice, I will PC to one of each....

Message 29 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Welp, I have ClearPoints and the Rewards card, so I guess if I have a choice, I will PC to one of each....

Wait. They allow PCs? If they do, is there a credit check?

Message 30 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.