BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

@cr101 wrote:

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Welp, I have ClearPoints and the Rewards card, so I guess if I have a choice, I will PC to one of each....

Wait. They allow PCs? If they do, is there a credit check?

I'm sure they're just saying that since their BBVA Rewards card is being migrated to a PNC Cash Rewards card (no other option offered) they will choose to have their Clearpoints card migrated to a PNC Points card so they end up with 1 of each card type.

PNC historically has not honored customer-initiated product change requests between credit cards.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 31 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Welp, I have ClearPoints and the Rewards card, so I guess if I have a choice, I will PC to one of each....

Wait. They allow PCs? If they do, is there a credit check?

I'm sure they're just saying that since their BBVA Rewards card is being migrated to a PNC Cash Rewards card (no other option offered) they will choose to have their Clearpoints card migrated to a PNC Points card so they end up with 1 of each card type.

PNC historically has not honored customer-initiated product change requests between credit cards.

Oh. I don't think that we have a choice based off of this (but, I hope that I'm proven wrong).

image.pngimage.png 

Message 32 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

Another small perk. We'll have access to our FICO score. I'm sure that we all probably have every credit monitoring service known to man. But, hey. 🤣 

image.png

Message 33 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

Another small perk. We'll have access to our FICO score. I'm sure that we all probably have every credit monitoring service known to man. But, hey. 🤣 

image.png

PNC offers F9 EX. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 34 of 191
zerofire
Valued Contributor

You left out that they are locking out those whining AU's from online access and adding contactless to the cards if you do not have it. Sounds like a glorious disaster.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 35 of 191
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

So, that means that they will choose the card for us either the PNC points OR the cash rewards or do we have to call them and see which one we pick?

Message 36 of 191
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well rats, I realize it was probably just a pipe dream but I was hoping PNC would integrate the ClearPoints card into their own lineup.  At least now we no longer have to wonder what's going to become of it. Smiley Frustrated

Like some others I was also using my ClearPoints as a de facto Walmart card (the Walmart stores I frequent all code as grocery on the CP) but I guess my USAA Limitless will get those swipes going forward.  Smiley Indifferent

The Cash Rewards isn't a horrible card by any means, but for those of us who already have other options for 4-5% back on gas and 3% (or better) on restaurants it's just a bit 'meh'.  It's definitely my pick over the points card, though... I don't think I've ever seen a rewards scheme as ambiguous as that one.

Message 37 of 191
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Well rats, I realize it was probably just a pipe dream but I was hoping PNC would integrate the ClearPoints card into their own lineup.  At least now we no longer have to wonder what's going to become of it. Smiley Frustrated

Like some others I was also using my ClearPoints as a de facto Walmart card (the Walmart stores I frequent all code as grocery on the CP) but I guess my USAA Limitless will get those swipes going forward.  Smiley Indifferent

The Cash Rewards isn't a horrible card by any means, but for those of us who already have other options for 4-5% back on gas and 3% (or better) on restaurants it's just a bit 'meh'.  It's definitely my pick over the points card, though... I don't think I've ever seen a rewards scheme as ambiguous as that one.

You're not the only one. I took a peek at the PNC points card rewards structure and it gave me a headache! Even the Premier Traveler card is convoluted, but not quite as bad. The Premier Traveler card is *definitely* not worth the $85 AF. It's essentially a 2% card when redeeming "miles" towards already purchased or future travel purchases and 1% if redeeming for a statement credit or cash into a PNC account.

With products like Max Cash, Custom Cash and Cash+, 2% no AF, and point eco-systems being offered by other large lenders, PNC definitely needs refresh their line up.

Message 38 of 191
Tyrannos
Valued Member

Since getting the AOD I only used my Clearpoints for targeted promotions. But I'm going to miss those. Got at least two months of 13% this year alone. 

At least the new card won't be completely redundant for me. I needed something better than 3% for gas.

PNC Pointless: $6900 | Amex Blue Cash Preferred: $6000 | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5000 | AOD Visa Signature: $5000 | Discover IT Cash Back: $3700 | Ollo Optimum: $2600 | Citi Double Cash: $2500 | Synchrony - Discount Tire: $2500 | Marvel: $1500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
US Bank Cash+: $1000 | Capital One Savor One: $2500 | Chase Freedom: $500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
Message 39 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Tyrannos wrote:

Since getting the AOD I only used my Clearpoints for targeted promotions. But I'm going to miss those. Got at least two months of 13% this year alone. 

At least the new card won't be completely redundant for me. I needed something better than 3% for gas.

The PNC Cash Rewards card isn't a bad card, it just for us because we already have it. The only thing that potentially benefits us is if both (or maybe all 3 if DW gets the Cash Rewards card as well) is the 5% and 10% restaurant, Gas station, and Walmart delivery offers that I frequently get on my Cash Rewards card. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 40 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.