Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
Bestman79
Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Received letter yesterday saying 1 of my 3 BBVA cards (Rewards) will convert to PNC Cash Rewards.  I guess something will arrive soon concerning my 2 Clearpoints.  Pretty cool to know APRs and account history will remain the same.

: Same account number 

: New expiration date and 3 digit security code 

: Same APRs (Still unsure if this includes into APRs, I'm assuming so.)

TCL=$534.9K
Message 51 of 191
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@Bestman79 wrote:

Received letter yesterday saying 1 of my 3 BBVA cards (Rewards) will convert to PNC Cash Rewards.  I guess something will arrive soon concerning my 2 Clearpoints.  Pretty cool to know APRs and account history will remain the same.

Smiley Frustratedame account number 

:New expiration date and 3 digit security code 

Smiley Frustratedame APRs

dang that concerns me, my only card with bbva and i hope that I get the cash rewards...

Message 52 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

What do I look like with 5 of the exact same CC? 😂😂

I read that, looked at your siggy with a million cards, and literally LOLd. Do you even use all of your cards? 🤣

Message 53 of 191
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I read that, looked at your siggy with a million cards, and literally LOLd. Do you even use all of your cards? 🤣

😂😂Not all at once.

Certainly would not use 5 of that same card. 

Message 54 of 191
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters 

Saw you message late.

I may consider it, if they can't be merged.

Most likely would just chunk them in the SD and let them die slowly.😆

Message 55 of 191
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

@Bestman79 wrote:

Smiley Frustratedame account number 

:New expiration date and 3 digit security code 

Smiley Frustratedame APRs

dang that concerns me, my only card with bbva and i hope that I get the cash rewards...

I got the same letter for my BBVA Rewards card, it also said Oct. 8 a new PNC card will be sent, and unredeemed BBVA Rewards will be merged with PNC Rewards. No word on my Clear Points, I hope they don't mess with it too much.

And I'm pleased my Rewards card will become a PNC Rewards card. The BBVA Rewards card was a run-of-the-mill 1.5% card; with a $1k monthly deposit it became a 2%card, but as I have two 2% cards I never bothered and never used it much. The PNC Rewards card is 4% gas, 3% Dining, 2% Grocery, 1% all else. While gas isn't a huge spend for me (short commute on a car that gets 35mpg)  I'll use it mostly for gas. But PNC Rewards is a $25 minimum redemption, I hope you can transfer Rewards to another card like BBVA allowed. 

I also got a letter on my BBVA checking & savings accounts. I have PNC Virtual Wallet and don't like it, silly concept & too complicated, assuming my BBVA checking & savings covert to "stand alone" accounts I'll use them & close Virtual Wallet. 

Message 56 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hope the BBVA clear points goes to PNC Cash Rewards and not PNC points. If it does go to PNC Points, I'm going to close my account unless they allow me to switch to PNC Cash Rewards. PNC is in desperate need for makeover for their cards. Hopefully after the merger they come up with a brand new card same with Truist. They need makeover as well.

Message 57 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just hope the BBVA clear points goes to PNC Cash Rewards and not PNC points. If it does go to PNC Points, I'm going to close my account unless they allow me to switch to PNC Cash Rewards. PNC is in desperate need for makeover for their cards. Hopefully after the merger they come up with a brand new card same with Truist. They need makeover as well.

PNC cash rewards is a very good card overall 4% on gas and 3% on food is nothing bad compared to alot of other banks.  Could they do better?  Yes..  But the cash rewards is a very decent card although capped at 8k a year.  Still a good card compared to numerous other banks I can mention.  The points card stinks and the core card is meh other then BT card.

Message 58 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity Yes the PNC cash rewards would be a back up gas card but the points wouldn't do much for me. I saw what you said in another thread about their high apr. I searched pnc approvals and saw someone with 754 score get 21.99 apr and another member with 767 score get 21.99 apr. Smiley Frustrated so I am happy they aren't doing the apr adjustments during the merger. During capital one Walmart merger they dropped my apr 2-3%.

Message 59 of 191
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

@Gmood1 wrote:

🤦🏿‍♂️

Just got a letter for two of my CCs with BBVA. Both converted to PNC Cash Rewards! Chances are the other two will do the same...dang!!

I wonder if they'll let me combine all 5 into my oldest BBVA card? 

That would at least save me a lot of confusion.😆

Same on my end, 3 are going to be converted into Cash Rewards (including the BBVA AmEx) and 2 of my ClearPoints are still up in the air.  On the upside, the account #'s for the BBVA Rewards will be the same post-conversion.  I doubt PNC would allow account combinations given the multiple product conversions, but it would be nice if such flexibility was considered.

Message 60 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.