Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

How do you know if you will get it in cash rewards card, by mail or by logging in to bbva?

Message 61 of 191
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

I also got a letter about my Rewards card converting, but not my ClearPoints. I don't know why they wouldn't come at the same time unless they're still strategizing? 

Message 62 of 191
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

I also got a letter about my Rewards card converting, but not my ClearPoints. I don't know why they wouldn't come at the same time unless they're still strategizing? 

They've said that the ClearPoints card will be replaced by either the Cash Rewards OR the Points card, but the Rewards card was going to automatically be swapping to the Cash Rewards card. 
I assume the process of determining which of the cards the ClearPoints cardholders will get would take a little longer than the Rewards card since no one has reported getting any info on which card their ClearPoints card will convert to yet. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 63 of 191
ficosuave
Contributor

Current ClearPoints cardholder, just got my PNC envelope in the mail.

Introducing me to my new card - the PNC Points Visa.

October 5, last date to redeem BBVA Rewards.

October 8, shortly after this date PNC Points card will be mailed.

October 20, on or after this date PNC points balance rewards will appear in online banking.

Any unredeemed BBVA rewards points will be converted to PNC points at 5 points per dollar.

Points earned after conversion are the standard 4pts/$1.

Message 64 of 191
JL276
Regular Contributor

So I got the letter and it says my Clearpoints is switching to the Points card!! 🥴 **bleep**

I will be closing it early Oct. Sucks that the card is under a year old and completely worthless. Hopefully others with Clearpoints will at least get the Rewards card. 

Message 65 of 191
UncleB
Credit Mentor

PNCchange.png

I'm really hoping the second sentence means PCs will be an option.

Message 66 of 191
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

PNCchange.png

Oh boy..

C75DC5AD-E00D-429D-93E2-DB2230171A04.jpeg

I will be calling them tomorrow to try for a different card. My understanding is this card gives 1% ("4x") on everything unless I park 15k with pnc then it's a whole 1.75%. I'm a little twitchy about closing cards so soon into a rebuild (even though clearpoints was either no sub or like $50). 

Message 67 of 191
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Duriel wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

PNCchange.png

Oh boy..

C75DC5AD-E00D-429D-93E2-DB2230171A04.jpeg

I will be calling them tomorrow to try for a different card. My understanding is this card gives 1% ("4x") on everything unless I park 15k with pnc then it's a whole 1.75%. I'm a little twitchy about closing cards so soon into a rebuild (even though clearpoints was either no sub or like $50). 

I suspect they won't be able to help you with a PC until the transition is complete, since as of right now you're still 'technically' a BBVA cardholder.

It never hurts to try, though, and even if they can't help you yet maybe they'll be able to say if a PC will be an option.

Message 68 of 191
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I suspect they won't be able to help you with a PC until the transition is complete, since as of right now you're still 'technically' a BBVA cardholder.

It never hurts to try, though, and even if they can't help you yet maybe they'll be able to say if a PC will be an option.

I know their cash rewards isn't the best but it beats out my best current gas and restaurants (exception being discover this quarter for restaurants and last quarter for gas). The points card is just useless for me though. 

Message 69 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficosuave wrote:

Current ClearPoints cardholder, just got my PNC envelope in the mail.

Introducing me to my new card - the PNC Points Visa.

October 5, last date to redeem BBVA Rewards.

October 8, shortly after this date PNC Points card will be mailed.

October 20, on or after this date PNC points balance rewards will appear in online banking.

Any unredeemed BBVA rewards points will be converted to PNC points at 5 points per dollar.

Points earned after conversion are the standard 4pts/$1.

Smiley Frustrated  *hoping for pc option*

Message 70 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.