Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
Roger1071549
New Contributor

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

I got my letter too. This card will be closed. I closed the PNC points card to get this card and that is what they gave me. A card that earns almost nothing if you dont have a significant amount of money in the bank. 

Message 81 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Ugh just got my packet from BBVA today.. Going from Clear Points to PNC points Visa Signature Smiley Sad..  I am deciding whether to close it or not.  Anyone know if the card will report from BBVA -> PNC as a new account of carry over history?  Meaning not a new account as that will certainly make the decision easier depending.

edit: reading it appears account # will remain the same only thing changing is CVV and expiration date so would guess it would bring account history over?  APR same, etc.. Still stinks it is the points card.  Let me at least get the bonus for this dang card since in all likelyhood if I keep it will see the light of day for a $5 amazon reload every 6 months.

Message 82 of 191
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ugh just got my packet from BBVA today.. Going from Clear Points to PNC points Visa Signature Smiley Sad..  I am deciding whether to close it or not.  Anyone know if the card will report from BBVA -> BBVA as a new account of carry over history?  Meaning not a new account as that will certainly make the decision easier depending.

edit: reading it appears account # will remain the same only thing changing is CVV and expiration date so would guess it would bring account history over?  APR same, etc.. Still stinks it is the points card.  Let me at least get the bonus for this dang card since in all likelyhood if I keep it will see the light of day for a $5 amazon reload every 6 months.

I still haven't received the literature on the 2 ClearPoints. I'm guessing, based on the recent posts above, they might convert both of them to the PNC Points version 🤷🏼‍♂️  I suppose that be aight as well.  I wish their systems would've been able to identify (pre-conversion) multiple accounts for the same cardholder (if in the same product family) and provide the option to merge them, if anything. But, as long as they're not closed, I'm good 😜

Since the account numbers remain the same, I would venture to assume that the name will change from BBVA>PNC and the history will be preserved.

Message 83 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got the letter today that my clear points is changing to their points card. Really disappointed. I loved using my clear points for 3x on utilities...  i don't know if its me miscalculating but it seems that the rewards system does not even compare to the clear points 3x. It would take me almost a year to get enough points for a $100 gift card with pnc, when with Clearpoints it only takes 3-4 months to accumulate $100 of rewards. I don't think I'll be using this PNC points card at all.

Message 84 of 191
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got the letter today that my clear points is changing to their points card. Really disappointed. I loved using my clear points for 3x on utilities...  i don't know if its me miscalculating but it seems that the rewards system does not even compare to the clear points 3x. It would take me almost a year to get enough points for a $100 gift card with pnc, when with Clearpoints it only takes 3-4 months to accumulate $100 of rewards. I don't think I'll be using this PNC points card at all.

I also use clearpoints for utilities and usbank and I had a bad breakup so that's not an option. Maybe the Venmo card? I hate to go any deeper with synchrony though. 

Message 85 of 191
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I use my ClearPoints to pay for our semi annual auto insurance.  This bill like $2000 and I get 3x under Utilities.  

Message 86 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received my letter yet. Still hopeful for cash rewards 

1E7CD142-EBC7-4EA8-A85D-C5016A658096.jpeg

Message 87 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, but evidence shows everyone is getting the cruddy choice.  Granted already have the cash rewards and no real need for two, still would prefer it.

Message 88 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

Super disappointed. Going from Clear Points to PNC Points. It's getting SDd and treated like a Capital One or Barclays card. 🤣 It's only useful for the util cushion now. Such a shame bc I like PNC's service.

I got my Informed Delivery notification and blew the image of the envelope up so big to see if I could catch any keywords. 🤣 Nope. The only hint on that page would have been the name of the card, but it was covered by the security pattern. Funny that my last 4 on my card were visible, though. 

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I will just say that I hope that PNC at least trains the BBVA reps. I called today and asked if they could tell me what card I'd convert to. Rep took allll of my info (I hate giving them my cc #) and then said that she didn't know. 🤬 Why did you ask for all of my info, then??? Called back and the rep didn't ask for info, which was great. But, he actually said that I'll get the Rewards or Points card and when I asked if he knew which one, he said, "One of those." 🤣🤬 Okay, whatever. 

Message 89 of 191
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

Super disappointed. Going from Clear Points to PNC Points. It's getting SDd and treated like a Capital One or Barclays card. 🤣 It's only useful for the util cushion now. Such a shame bc I like PNC's service.

I got my Informed Delivery notification and blew the image of the envelope up so big to see if I could catch any keywords. 🤣 Nope. The only hint on that page would have been the name of the card, but it was covered by the security pattern. Funny that my last 4 on my card were visible, though. 

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I will just say that I hope that PNC at least trains the BBVA reps. I called today and asked if they could tell me what card I'd convert to. Rep took allll of my info (I hate giving them my cc #) and then said that she didn't know. 🤬 Why did you ask for all of my info, then??? Called back and the rep didn't ask for info, which was great. But, he actually said that I'll get the Rewards or Points card and when I asked if he knew which one, he said, "One of those." 🤣🤬 Okay, whatever. 

The achilles heel of BBVA has always been their lack of knowledgeable CSR's (and their website.) In their favor though, bank takeovers are always chaotic for a while, and it seems info from PNC itself will be coming to us at a trickle through the rest of the year. I doubt BBVA CSR's are given much more info than we already have here at MF.

My envelope is in the mail today according to USPS informed delivery and I'll get back here when I see what it says. If it's the points card, I'll see if I can convert it to another Cash Rewards or possibly combine them. Otherwise the points card will be sock drawered with an occasional swipe to keep the history alive.

Message 90 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.