Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

@Duriel wrote:

I know their cash rewards isn't the best but it beats out my best current gas and restaurants (exception being discover this quarter for restaurants and last quarter for gas). The points card is just useless for me though. 

Same here... if I wind up with the points card and if they don't let me do a PC to the Cash Rewards the only time I'll use it is for balance transfer promos, if/when they are ever offered. 

(So many "ifs" there, haha.)

Message 71 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

thought it was points or cash rewards appears the are giving the least desired one :/..  Appears people are receiving letters today

Message 72 of 191
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

i just got the welcome packet today but no confirming of credit card yet, i guess that's the next update ...

Message 73 of 191
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

thought it was points or cash rewards appears the are giving the least desired one :/..  Appears people are receiving letters today

I haven't received the news on the remaining 2 yet, but it would be funny if one of my ClearPoints ends up as a Cash Rewards and the other as Points Rewards.  If they all end up as Cash Rewards, no biggie. 

Message 74 of 191
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

It's possible they give the crappy one to people like me who got 11 cards in a year. Nowhere on the mailer I got did it specify it was based on my creditworthiness though. hope I'm wrong cause I hate that "cloak and dagger" stuff. 

Edit for emphasis: Bbva rewards and clearpoints are both vastly superior to a 1.75% card at best (if you park 15k and/or other requirements) and most likely 1%. 

Message 75 of 191
JL276
Regular Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

It's possible they give the crappy one to people like me who got 11 cards in a year. Nowhere on the mailer I got did it specify it was based on my creditworthiness though. hope I'm wrong cause I hate that "cloak and dagger" stuff. 

Edit for emphasis: Bbva rewards and clearpoints are both vastly superior to a 1.75% card at best (if you park 15k and/or other requirements) and most likely 1%. 

I have 2 cards this year and current 743 Ex fico, no bads. Don't know how they chose points but it wasn't due to score or activity on my part. 

Maybe after conversion I can change it, if I keep it open? Honestly neither card is useful to me so it doesn't make a huge difference. 

Just sucks for those who do actually plan to use the card after merger, to be stuck with Points. 

edit: I'm sure some people find the points card useful, don't intend to offend those who do 😁

Message 76 of 191
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

BBVA-PNC they picked the card not me

I have Been with PNC for 10 years and have a PNC points signature visa at 20k

I received  a letter saying they are sending me a second PNC points Signature Visa at 10k to replace my BBVA 

I sure with I had a choice to pick a card I def didn't want the same one will be confusing when going to pick which card to use at some point. 
 I called asked if I could switch cards they still have no protocol for that other than opening new account. I tried a PC with them 2 years ago even escalated it to corporate and they said no they have nothing in place to switch card other than reapplying for new one and closing old account. 

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 77 of 191
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

I have been with PNC 10 years tried to do PC 2 years ago ...  they don't even have an option for that normally they would not change my credit card to a different one I even escalated it to corporate they told me the only way is to fill out new app get approved take HP and cancel old card if I want to change that's it. 

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 78 of 191
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA-PNC they picked the card not me

Yes, I got the conversion letter this morning.  My BBVA ClearPoints was converted to the PNC points Visa Signature.  My preference was the Cash Rewards..

FC4386E3-9EE6-437D-8CF6-73AC9C03F6B6.jpeg

0BCC4DAA-5536-4CB6-BDC9-710A2991C51C.jpeg

(Mod cut-please remove the identifiable info from the screen shot then you can repost it)

{Removed thanks}

Message 79 of 191
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

PNC has updated their page with the credit card product peole will get. it looks like those of us withe clearpoints card will have a choice, only issue is that neither card is like the clearpoints card. Ill choose the cash (as it seems I get to choose). 

https://www.pnc.com/en/about-pnc/topics/acquisition-update.html?WT.ac=bbva-home

967C9AB8-9E4E-4F06-A4CD-DDE4AFB8DF66.jpeg

Got my conversion letter this morning.  I wasn't expressly offered a choice; my ClearPoints was auto converted to the  PNC points card.

See message 2  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BBVA-PNC-they-picked-the-card-not-me/td-p/6395561

Message 80 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.