cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

Roger1071549
Established Member

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update

I got my letter too. This card will be closed. I closed the PNC points card to get this card and that is what they gave me. A card that earns almost nothing if you dont have a significant amount of money in the bank. 

Message 81 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Ugh just got my packet from BBVA today.. Going from Clear Points to PNC points Visa Signature Smiley Sad..  I am deciding whether to close it or not.  Anyone know if the card will report from BBVA -> PNC as a new account of carry over history?  Meaning not a new account as that will certainly make the decision easier depending.

 

edit: reading it appears account # will remain the same only thing changing is CVV and expiration date so would guess it would bring account history over?  APR same, etc.. Still stinks it is the points card.  Let me at least get the bonus for this dang card since in all likelyhood if I keep it will see the light of day for a $5 amazon reload every 6 months.

Message 82 of 191
FinStar
Moderator

Re: BBVA > PNC credit card integration update


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ugh just got my packet from BBVA today.. Going from Clear Points to PNC points Visa Signature Smiley Sad..  I am deciding whether to close it or not.  Anyone know if the card will report from BBVA -> BBVA as a new account of carry over history?  Meaning not a new account as that will certainly make the decision easier depending.

 

edit: reading it appears account # will remain the same only thing changing is CVV and expiration date so would guess it would bring account history over?  APR same, etc.. Still stinks it is the points card.  Let me at least get the bonus for this dang card since in all likelyhood if I keep it will see the light of day for a $5 amazon reload every 6 months.


I still haven't received the literature on the 2 ClearPoints. I'm guessing, based on the recent posts above, they might convert both of them to the PNC Points version 🤷🏼‍♂️  I suppose that be aight as well.  I wish their systems would've been able to identify (pre-conversion) multiple accounts for the same cardholder (if in the same product family) and provide the option to merge them, if anything. But, as long as they're not closed, I'm good 😜

 

Since the account numbers remain the same, I would venture to assume that the name will change from BBVA>PNC and the history will be preserved.

Message 83 of 191
Panda800
Regular Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

I also got the letter today that my clear points is changing to their points card. Really disappointed. I loved using my clear points for 3x on utilities...  i don't know if its me miscalculating but it seems that the rewards system does not even compare to the clear points 3x. It would take me almost a year to get enough points for a $100 gift card with pnc, when with Clearpoints it only takes 3-4 months to accumulate $100 of rewards. I don't think I'll be using this PNC points card at all.



NFCU Cash Rewards $18,500
Penfed Gold $10,000
NFCU More Rewards Amex $6,500
Discover $1,800
Merrick DYL $1,400
BBVA Clear Points $1,000
NFCU CLOC $500
Message 84 of 191
Duriel
Regular Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update


@Panda800 wrote:

I also got the letter today that my clear points is changing to their points card. Really disappointed. I loved using my clear points for 3x on utilities...  i don't know if its me miscalculating but it seems that the rewards system does not even compare to the clear points 3x. It would take me almost a year to get enough points for a $100 gift card with pnc, when with Clearpoints it only takes 3-4 months to accumulate $100 of rewards. I don't think I'll be using this PNC points card at all.



I also use clearpoints for utilities and usbank and I had a bad breakup so that's not an option. Maybe the Venmo card? I hate to go any deeper with synchrony though. 

Message 85 of 191
NoMoreE46
Established Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update


@Panda800 wrote:

I also got the letter today that my clear points is changing to their points card. Really disappointed. I loved using my clear points for 3x on utilities...  i don't know if its me miscalculating but it seems that the rewards system does not even compare to the clear points 3x. It would take me almost a year to get enough points for a $100 gift card with pnc, when with Clearpoints it only takes 3-4 months to accumulate $100 of rewards. I don't think I'll be using this PNC points card at all.


Yeah, I use my ClearPoints to pay for our semi annual auto insurance.  This bill like $2000 and I get 3x under Utilities.  

Amazon Prime Store 10,000
Apple Card GS 14,000
Barclays Rewards 17,000
CapOne Savor 5,000
CapOne Venture 30,000
Discover It 20,500
PenFed Plt Rewards 15,000
PNC Rewards 12,000
Target Redcard MC 13,000
WF Active Cash 10,000
WF Propel 21,000
Message 86 of 191
Carmy03
Established Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

I haven't received my letter yet. Still hopeful for cash rewards 

1E7CD142-EBC7-4EA8-A85D-C5016A658096.jpeg

 

Message 87 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Good luck, but evidence shows everyone is getting the cruddy choice.  Granted already have the cash rewards and no real need for two, still would prefer it.

Message 88 of 191
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update

Super disappointed. Going from Clear Points to PNC Points. It's getting SDd and treated like a Capital One or Barclays card. 🤣 It's only useful for the util cushion now. Such a shame bc I like PNC's service.

 

I got my Informed Delivery notification and blew the image of the envelope up so big to see if I could catch any keywords. 🤣 Nope. The only hint on that page would have been the name of the card, but it was covered by the security pattern. Funny that my last 4 on my card were visible, though. 

 

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I will just say that I hope that PNC at least trains the BBVA reps. I called today and asked if they could tell me what card I'd convert to. Rep took allll of my info (I hate giving them my cc #) and then said that she didn't know. 🤬 Why did you ask for all of my info, then??? Called back and the rep didn't ask for info, which was great. But, he actually said that I'll get the Rewards or Points card and when I asked if he knew which one, he said, "One of those." 🤣🤬 Okay, whatever. 

Message 89 of 191
ChargedUp
Valued Contributor

Re: Bbva credit card integration update


@cr101 wrote:

Super disappointed. Going from Clear Points to PNC Points. It's getting SDd and treated like a Capital One or Barclays card. 🤣 It's only useful for the util cushion now. Such a shame bc I like PNC's service.

 

I got my Informed Delivery notification and blew the image of the envelope up so big to see if I could catch any keywords. 🤣 Nope. The only hint on that page would have been the name of the card, but it was covered by the security pattern. Funny that my last 4 on my card were visible, though. 

 

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I will just say that I hope that PNC at least trains the BBVA reps. I called today and asked if they could tell me what card I'd convert to. Rep took allll of my info (I hate giving them my cc #) and then said that she didn't know. 🤬 Why did you ask for all of my info, then??? Called back and the rep didn't ask for info, which was great. But, he actually said that I'll get the Rewards or Points card and when I asked if he knew which one, he said, "One of those." 🤣🤬 Okay, whatever. 


The achilles heel of BBVA has always been their lack of knowledgeable CSR's (and their website.) In their favor though, bank takeovers are always chaotic for a while, and it seems info from PNC itself will be coming to us at a trickle through the rest of the year. I doubt BBVA CSR's are given much more info than we already have here at MF.

 

My envelope is in the mail today according to USPS informed delivery and I'll get back here when I see what it says. If it's the points card, I'll see if I can convert it to another Cash Rewards or possibly combine them. Otherwise the points card will be sock drawered with an occasional swipe to keep the history alive.

AODFCU 3% Visa ($10K), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($27K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($29.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($13K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K), PNC Cash Rewards ($14K), NASAFCU Rewards Visa ($20K), BOC/Elan Max Cash MC ($25K), BoA Business Customized Cash Rewards MC ($8k)
Message 90 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.