Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA mailer received

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA mailer received

Anyone have insight into BBVAs ClearPoints card?

I got a mailer -- I think it said "prequalified" - for this ClearPoints card..   One thing I've read is that since BBVA isn't national, that some of their products are limited to their branch footprint and I live in WA (a state without BBVA presence), but since BBVA mailed me the offer, surely they must know that I'm in WA... I guess on this issue, I don't want to apply, take te HP... THEN find out later that WA residents aren't eligible.

Also, my FICO right now is around 740ish.. but... I got the Apple Card and it hasn't yet shown up on any CR (the HP shows)... AND i just got approved for the WF Platinum card (the HP shows) and naturally, it too doesn't show up.. So, I know my FICO is going to take a hit as AAoA (right now it's just over 4yrs) is going to be hit by 2x new accounts.  HP wise I have 5 in 24 on TU, but 0 on EQ and 3 on EX..  New account wise I'm at 8 in 24, with 5 in the last 12 (incl the Apple and WF cards)..  Overall util is around 16% and my biggest CL card is 13K and the smallest is 1K... average across all cards comes out to around 7k

I have 3x Amex (ED, BC and CM), 1x BA (CashRewards), 3x Cap1 (QS, Walmart, Platinum), 2 Chase (FU, Amazon), AppleCard, 2x Discover (IT, ITMiles), 2x Citi (DC, Simpicity), 1x PayPal MC.

To be honest, I don't put a whole lot of spend on my cards -- in a typical month, maybe $500 or less.. I DO however, do a fair bit of my use overseas, so FT fees would be an issue for me.

So.. anyone with BBVA experience?  application process?  post-approval issues?  CLI's?  App use / CS service levels? 

Sure, I'd like to get another card, but right now with my somewhat recent AppleCard approval and days-old WF Platinum approval, I'm not so sure it's a good time to go further and try for the BBVA -- unless it so good that I'd be foolish to let this prequalified mailer expire (Nov 11th)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA mailer received

If you got the mailer, you are able to apply outside our their footprint. 

They aren't sensitive to credit seeking (for your first card anyway) and the 3% cash back categories are nice. 

They gave me a $2K limit in December and other than the total lack of growth, I have been happy with the card. 

There IS an FTF though, 3% I believe. I had to pay it in January when I put my VPN on the card without checking. 

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

You need to be in the BBVA branch footprint to "cold app" for their CCs but if they send you a mailer you're good to go, and there's a pretty good success rate for their mailers with pre-approval code. I got a mailer in March and got an instant approval for $6100 CL. It's a pretty good card, you chose one 3% rewards & one 2% rewards category quarterly. There's 7 categories including gas, groceries, utilities, dining, travel, entertainment, etc. And they regularly have rewards promos, for the month of September they had 4% on groceries, and that's on top of 'regular rewards", groceries was my 3% category so I got 7% rewards. The SUB isn't terrific, $100 for $1500 spend in 3 months, but it's OK. f

As for your other new accounts, to each their own - I prefer to take my 'punishment' for new accounts all at once - I got 4 new cards this year, 2 in Jan., the BBVA in March, and the BBVA Rewards in July. Now I'm done for the year, waiting patiently for the scores to rebound, EX took 3 of the hits, they're mad at me. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

I am in Nevada and out of their footprint, buy received a mailer earlier this year for their Compass card.  After receiving it more than once, I decided to apply.  Instant approval for $10k.  Had quite a few new accounts and hps at the time, so I don't thing they are sensitive to new accounts.  

Good luck if you apply.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.