Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA new terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA new terms

So BBVA sent me a paper statement and I was curious why until I noticed the terms they included that go into effect on 12/27. It looks like they are hiking minimum payments to $39 or 2%, whichever is higher, late fees and returned fees are increasing, and they are making changes to how interest is assessed. 

They also included a separate notice of other terms changing. 

22097399-AE54-4C9B-9199-F640B0E0CCCD.jpeg

82DDA378-AD33-4432-8900-612385F6735D.jpeg

18B0DA87-DEA0-49F7-B85A-9944AB57F86C.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: BBVA new terms

Do you know what the change is to the "Paying Interest" section.   The discussion suggests it's about trailing/residual interest.   Did they somehow not charge this before, or are they just making it clearer?   The discussion seems to say that something changed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Do you know what the change is to the "Paying Interest" section.   The discussion suggests it's about trailing/residual interest.   Did they somehow not charge this before, or are they just making it clearer?   The discussion seems to say that something changed.

I don't have my original terms handy but it certainly looks more convoluted than the original terms. 

This is all that my statements say currently. 

723BAE18-CB67-4E28-A59F-84F70B62F1CE.jpeg

Also, minimum payment used to be a LOT lower. Back on my December statement I had a $801 statement and $16 minimum. On a $400 statement I had a $10 minimum so it looks like the current terms on my account were $10 or 2%. 

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I don't have my original terms handy but it certainly looks more convoluted than the original terms. 

This is all that my statements say currently. 

723BAE18-CB67-4E28-A59F-84F70B62F1CE.jpeg

Also, minimum payment used to be a LOT lower. Back on my December statement I had a $801 statement and $16 minimum. On a $400 statement I had a $10 minimum so it looks like the current terms on my account were $10 or 2%. 

Oh,   I guess the old terms could be used to avoid trailing interest, "I paid in full this month so no interest on these purchases" and the new terms clarify that there will be such interest if you didn't PIF the previous cycle

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.