Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA prequalify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA prequalify

Good day to all.

So I did the prequalify tool for BBVA and was "prequalified" for $3,600 with a specific APR for the Clear Points and also the Rewards card (did separate apps). 

I have 3 questions...

How solid is their prequalify tool? 

Do they ever do auto CLI's?

How's their overall service? 

I have zero experience with BBVA, but I felt the prequalify amount wasn't too bad. The APR is above 20, but I PIF. The only bummer I've read about them so far is the hard pulls for CLI's.

Technically I'm supposed to be in the garden after getting my mortgage/F8 scores up where I needed them to be, but looks like the house situation is getting pushed back a bit longer. Texas is ridiculous. I'm sure the market is like this everywhere, but good lord it's insane rn.

Anyways, it works out if I add another CC now instead of gardening. I'll have a little more time to pay one of my 2 installments off.

Ant feedback appreciated! 

Also, I wish CITI had their prequalify tool up. I really want the Custom Cash card. Or even the Double. I'd go with CITI over BBVA if I felt I had a chance.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA prequalify

@Anonymous wrote:

Good day to all.

So I did the prequalify tool for BBVA and was "prequalified" for $3,600 with a specific APR for the Clear Points and also the Rewards card (did separate apps). 

I have 3 questions...

How solid is their prequalify tool?  Fairly reliable - keep in mind the SL can change +/- once they do a HP when the offer is accepted.

Do they ever do auto CLI's?  Yes, but rarely.  Not something you find frequently on here.  CLI requests (pre-PNC merger) are still HP.

How's their overall service?   It's not bad (IME) - I've never had any major issues since 2015.  Keep in mind things might change once the PNC-BBVA merger is finalized.  PNC's c/s is pretty good, IME.

I have zero experience with BBVA, but I felt the prequalify amount wasn't too bad. The APR is above 20, but I PIF. The only bummer I've read about them so far is the hard pulls for CLI's.  Yes, HPs for now until the merger is finalized (sometime after October) and once accounts are integrated.  PNC's CLI requests are typically SP (if the account is eligible).

Technically I'm supposed to be in the garden after getting my mortgage/F8 scores up where I needed them to be, but looks like the house situation is getting pushed back a bit longer. Texas is ridiculous. I'm sure the market is like this everywhere, but good lord it's insane rn.  Only you can decide whether pulling the trigger now mayt be worth it.

Anyways, it works out if I add another CC now instead of gardening. I'll have a little more time to pay one of my 2 installments off.

Ant feedback appreciated! 

See above responses ^

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar 

Thanks for the reply! 

I figured much about the +/- on the SL from reading on the forum. Also figured as much about the auto CLI's. Not too concerned about the credit line itself TBH. I've just focused on beefing my profile up while I am in the dirty/recent scorecard (ends 7/22). On 9/20 the only active accciunt I had was my car lease. I've since added 5 revolving lines and only lost 5 points max when each reported. So since the housing situation is getting pushed back, figured I might as well even though I really don't need it. If I do get a card before actual gardening, I would prefer it to either be CITI's CC or the Schwab AMEX Investor card. It's the "prequalify" that's getting me lol

Message 3 of 4
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I can echo what Finstar said, as my experience has been similar. 
for the record, my and DW's cards were the same SL and APR as the prequal. The CLI is a HP, but they bumped me from $15,300 to $25,000 after a year, so I felt the HP was worth it. I haven't asked for one DW's. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.