cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBva clear points pc too their rewards card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBva clear points pc too their rewards card ?

Is it possible i would much rather have their rewards card not too familiar with this bank though 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBva clear points pc too their rewards card ?

Their vanilla rewards card is not anything special unless you bank with them and can get the 2% instead of 1.5%. The ClearPoints is a very valuable card if you know how to use it.

That said, I am not aware of anyone who has PC’d with them. Worth a call to find out.
Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, unless any recent policies have changed, they don't PC.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are strange dont no what their plans are in the future they told me i cant app for it even though im already a customer said i had too be sent a mailer too app

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to be sent a mailer if you’re out of their footprint unless you get a checking account which is a loophole that ends up automatically prequalifying you for additional products and even tells you your credit limit before you apply. 

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

they are strange dont no what their plans are in the future they told me i cant app for it even though im already a customer said i had too be sent a mailer too app

Nothing really strange honestly.  As @Anonymous mentioned above, even if you have a depository relationship, if you are outside their lending footprint area, the CC products would not necessarily be available unless you get pre-qualified, that being a mailer or online. 

Message 6 of 7
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing really strange honestly.  As @Anonymous mentioned above, even if you have a depository relationship, if you are outside their lending footprint area, the CC products would not necessarily be available unless you get pre-qualified, that being a mailer or online. 

I actually disagree on this one and think it is perfectly fair to regard them as strange. It is at least a little weird to see such a large foreign bank make a successful incursion (I know of BNP Paribas off the top of my head as another) into the US market. I happen to think their footprint is a little strange as well, though not any weirder than say, BMO Harris's. They've also just undergone a massive rebrand (of which I have an unfavorable impression) in recent weeks while also unifying their subsidiaries, no more Compass, Bancomer, etc. They're an odd duck (or pato, with a Basque-Alabaman drawl, as they may say) in my opinion, no doubt about it.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.