cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC Sallimae - Manual CLI request is Hard/Soft pull?

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

BC Sallimae - Manual CLI request is Hard/Soft pull?

Hello Team,

I have been using this card for last 1 year(Already completed 12 months of usage). Initial CL provided was $2000. Use it regularly to use the $250 groceries and $200 gas every month from begining. I wanted to check if i request a CLI with them, will it be a SP or HP? Another thing, i dont use the card for anything else.

I dont want to go for HP, because i was in Garden club for last 7 months, planning for a new car next fall 2016. 

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BC Sallimae - Manual CLI request is Hard/Soft pull?

From what I have read on the boards, it is a hard pull unless you ask about a apr reduction then ask if you are eligible for an increase. More SM card holders should have insight and respond to your post.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always HP if requested online. Although you can call Barclay and ask if there are any offers available on your account and there might be a SP CLI available. Smiley Happy Good luck
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally, customer initiated Barclays CLI requests will be a hard pull, whether requested online or calling.

However, there is a loophole that I have exploited (twice) and others have had success with it on myFICO as well. Try calling the number on the back of your card and ask explicitly for an APR reduction (don't mention a CLI yet). The CSR should then check to see if your account has the possibility of an APR reduction. If so, you may be transferred to (what I think is) the retention department. This department has the power to complete APR reduction requests, but also the ability to issue you a SP CLI if your account has an offer for one, so after the CSR processes your APR reduction request, ask if a SP CLI offer is available. Also, it doesn't hurt to ask if a spending bonus is available for your account. The last time I called about my Sallie Mae, I got an APR reduction, a SP CLI, and a bonus offer of 5000 points for $1000 in spending in three months.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Generally, customer initiated Barclays CLI requests will be a hard pull, whether requested online or calling.

However, there is a loophole that I have exploited (twice) and others have had success with it on myFICO as well. Try calling the number on the back of your card and ask explicitly for an APR reduction (don't mention a CLI yet). The CSR should then check to see if your account has the possibility of an APR reduction. If so, you may be transferred to (what I think is) the retention department. This department has the power to complete APR reduction requests, but also the ability to issue you a SP CLI if your account has an offer for one, so after the CSR processes your APR reduction request, ask if a SP CLI offer is available. Also, it doesn't hurt to ask if a spending bonus is available for your account. The last time I called about my Sallie Mae, I got an APR reduction, a SP CLI, and a bonus offer of 5000 points for $1000 in spending in three months.

i just tried to call SM, system down and asked to call back later. 

Message 5 of 6
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah, this is cool. I will check with them and update you all.

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.