Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE Card is clear plastic?

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

BCE Card is clear plastic?

All of the images of it on amex.com appear to be grey.  Mine is clear.  Have they always been clear?  Maybe it's just a marketing thing because clear plastic is difficult to photograph.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE Card is clear plastic?

Yep, it is transparent (clear). It doesn't give "prestige" feeling other AMEX cards have.

Message 2 of 35
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

VERY cool looking card! I'm tempted to app in January -- for the backdating, cool card and 3% groceries. Amex has some of the nicest looking cards I've seen.

Enjoy your new beauty! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 35
jake619
Frequent Contributor

OK, had to know, called Amex, nicest person ever told me yep, it's clear, relax.  

I joked with her that they already offer a clear card appropriately named "Clear".  She came back with "that card (AMEX Clear) has been closed to new applications".  So I tried while on the phone with her and it let me get to the application form.  I was logged in.  I went incognito and it still let me get to the app.  Sooooo??? heads-up, maybe it's on the way out - not that many would miss it any longer.

Message 4 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I remember when Citi had a clear card, in every depiction of the card they made sure to put something behind it so it was visible.

Message 5 of 35
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I love the clear look of the BCE/BS/Blue.  I just recently got my BCE so it's not too beat up yet.  My mom's Blue Cash is really scratched and doesn't look as good, lol!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 35
Kendro
Contributor

I was hoping it would have a titanium or platinum finish on the card like the pictures but unfortunately it is clear.  It does get a second look when I give it to someone to swipe but that's mainly due to it being clear.  It doesn't look all that classy in my opinion.

Message 7 of 35
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Kendro wrote:

I was hoping it would have a titanium or platinum finish on the card like the pictures but unfortunately it is clear. 

And I wish my Platinum card was actually metal. AMEX need to look to Chase and revamp some card designs by using metal cores or pearled plastics...

Message 8 of 35
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

A friend thought it was trying to pay with a piece on plastic lol i had my thumb in the blue square and all you see was the clear parts. I think the Green/GoldPR and the SPG are classier looking than the BCE
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 9 of 35
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

I dont like my AMEX BCP design either, it doesnt look classy, or cool .... It kinda looks tacky in a way ... I really like their charge cards but I cant justify the AF ... I had my heart set on the Zync, too bad they discontinued it. I can't wait for my Sapphire Preferred to get here! I just want my metal card!! I think chase sends their cards on a horse, one week since I applied and no card :-/

On my iPhone

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.