Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE and BCP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE and BCP

I'm wondering is it possible to have both the AMEX BCP and BCE? We are a large family and are probable close to 10k on groceries a year. The idea would be first 6k goes on the BCP and the last 4K or so goes on the BCE. Anyone have this setup? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCE and BCP

As far as I know you can have both.

Do you have Discover and/or Chase Freedom?  Between the two of them they do 5% on groceries typically 6 months out of the year.  I find that those 2 cards render my BCE useless for half the year, as I take the 5% over the 3%.

Message 2 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It used to be possible, I know @kilroy8 has both in profile. Some recent users have been told they couldn't have CM and BC, because they are same family. Again, some users carry both of those. Really not sure if CSR weren't informed.

Have you looked for pre-approval verbiage?

Message 3 of 5
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

It used to be possible, I know @kilroy8 has both in profile. Some recent users have been told they couldn't have CM and BC, because they are same family. Again, some users carry both of those. Really not sure if CSR weren't informed.

Have you looked for pre-approval verbiage?

I do have both, and in the original "clear" versions, not the blue ones. It's been well over 2 years since I got them, though. Be aware that BCE was nerfed hard about a year ago, and has none of the extra benefits of BCP. NFCU MoreRewards is a better card that still has 3% on groceries, if you can get it.

Message 4 of 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I would get a card on a different network.

Amex is known to have more restricted rewards coding for grocery than Visa and MC's. 

As others have said a rotating category  (Discover and/or Freedom), or any of many No AF  3% grocery Visa/MC's.

Why go for two "Amex" with many better options ?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.