Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE --->>> BCP upgrade approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCE --->>> BCP upgrade approved

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh right!  That is awesome!  Glad they targeted you for that!

Did you use the BCE quite a bit I take it?

I think it's quite the opposite.  I SDed mine, haven't used it in over 6 months. I suspect this is a way to encourage more usage being put through the card.  But I haven't confirmed that with anyone, so it could just be me.

Message 21 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@jfriend & @Humu

American Express does have a targeted offer, which includes a sign up bonus, for some people to upgrade their BCE to BCP. I currently have one for my BCE. 

Yes, I was surprised by their comments!  There have been several threads on this already, and many more on the equivalent offers to upgrade to Amex Plat  (with a fairly low bonus offer for that)

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably would be best for OP to clearly state he had received a specific, targeted offer instead of it just being a card upgrade, so multiple myfico members would be clear on his situation and could best advise him.

Message 23 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Probably would be best for OP to clearly state he had received a specific, targeted offer instead of it just being a regular PC, so multiple myfico members would be clear on his situation and could best advise him.

Or we could note that the word "Upgrade" in  the  title in this context from Amex usually means just that, and has been discussed many times recently.   And just not jump to conclusions rather than blame the OP.   Or not.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's be friendly in the forums. LTL.. Thanks and have a great New Year!
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many people have upgraded to BCP from BCE without targeted offers also. Sharing as much info as possible helps us help the OP. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

humhum......   Seems you're knit picking the dots on the I's and crosses on the T's today.  Maybe it's time for a vacation from the forums?  You seem a little jumpier than usual for some reason today.  

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's keep it friendly. We all have valuable information and perspectives to share, and all of our viewpoints are valid, even if we may not always agree. Thanks.

Message 28 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Sometimes, phrases like  "keep it friendly" might mean "I can say what I want but don't criticize me"  But that would be not FSR.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

jfriend is correct that there is no spend bonus when doing a PC to a different card. 

You earn a BCP spend bonus when you apply cold for a brand new card. Smiley Happy

Also, if you had a spend bonus on your BCE, it will not transfer to the BCP. They are different cards and you are changing to a different product (thus the term "product change").

Hope this helps.

I got a targeted offer in my email as well to upgrade BCE to BCP for $150 after 1k spend. I'm not sure if it's worth while for me though since I barely use the card anymore. Even if I just did it for year 1 and downgraded again. What do you all think?

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.