tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: BCP 61 days 3x CLI.... oops not yet

@alboto wrote:

is it 6 months from today??

Yes.

http://search.americanexpress.com/app/answers/display/a_id/6666

How can I apply for a line of credit increase for my American Express Card?

We do not increase an account's credit limit during the first 60 days after it has been opened, or for at least 6 months from the last credit limit increase. After that time has passed, if you are still interested in applying for an increased credit limit, you can check to see if you are eligible to change your credit limit online by logging into your account and going to your Profile & Preferences or you can call the number on the back of your Card to speak with one of our customer care professionals.

Message 11 of 24
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@alboto wrote:

well I decided to go for the 3x cli, and I got the 7-10 days message, so I checked my e-mail and I read the letter and this is what it says.

"Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American Express Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within sixty days since opening this account."

I was approved on 10-22 and Activated my card on 11-01. So I decided to call to check when my 61 days would be and the CSR said 12-27. She said to try on thursday, either on the phone or online.

So they calculated your 61st from 10/28 - neither your approval date nor activation date.  Interesting and thanks for sharing.  Sounds like the only way to know is to make the call.  

Message 12 of 24
alboto
Regular Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@alboto wrote:

well I decided to go for the 3x cli, and I got the 7-10 days message, so I checked my e-mail and I read the letter and this is what it says.

"Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American Express Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within sixty days since opening this account."

I was approved on 10-22 and Activated my card on 11-01. So I decided to call to check when my 61 days would be and the CSR said 12-27. She said to try on thursday, either on the phone or online.

So they calculated your 61st from 10/28 - neither your approval date nor activation date.  Interesting and thanks for sharing.  Sounds like the only way to know is to make the call.  

Yeah the date was completely random. I checked the the letters I got when I was approved and the package when I got the card and none of them matched with the date the CSR gave me, but was completely right with the 27th.

Message 13 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

some have posted about getting the CLI 61 days after approval and not activation. But I others have said what you did. I waited a few days beyond 61 after activation, just to be on the safe side and got approved. At least you were able to try again a few days later. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 24
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Is the CLI a hard pull or soft pull?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 15 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

soft
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 24
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

Is the CLI a hard pull or soft pull?

Neither.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 17 of 24
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Ok, so what's the deal. Soft?  Hard?  Medium?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 18 of 24
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

soft pull for cli's

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 19 of 24
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I suppose you could say it is "based on a soft pull", since they apparently take into account information from a previous pull. When a cardmember ask for a CLI, Amex will not pull the cardmember's file at that time. If they did, then I would think it was technically a hard pull and should be reported as such. GE, and I am sure others will rely on previous soft pulls for reviewing CLI's. I don't think I have ever heard of any company that will do a soft for a CLI, they either do a hard pull or rely on information in their file.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.