BCP 61 days 3x CLI.... oops not yet

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: BCP 61 days 3x CLI.... oops not yet

@alboto wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@alboto wrote:

well I decided to go for the 3x cli, and I got the 7-10 days message, so I checked my e-mail and I read the letter and this is what it says.

"Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American Express Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within sixty days since opening this account."

I was approved on 10-22 and Activated my card on 11-01. So I decided to call to check when my 61 days would be and the CSR said 12-27. She said to try on thursday, either on the phone or online.

So they calculated your 61st from 10/28 - neither your approval date nor activation date.  Interesting and thanks for sharing.  Sounds like the only way to know is to make the call.  

Yeah the date was completely random. I checked the the letters I got when I was approved and the package when I got the card and none of them matched with the date the CSR gave me, but was completely right with the 27th.

So I may or may not have an idea of why this happened based on what I am currently seeing on my Amex account. I applied for my card and was instantly approved on 12/19. I agave not received my card yet, so I have been unable to activate obviously. 

Well, on my online account there is a section called "Recent Charges" and right under that it says "Since Dec 24 (closing date Jan 22)". So I appears that my statement may have actually opened for spending on the 24th, which is 5 days after approval, but before activation. I think I will try for a CLI on Saturday February 23, and see what ends up happening. 

Has anyone else seen similar circumstances? Maybe you can check when your first statement opened, OP???

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 21 of 24
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

So I may or may not have an idea of why this happened based on what I am currently seeing on my Amex account. I applied for my card and was instantly approved on 12/19. I agave not received my card yet, so I have been unable to activate obviously. 

Well, on my online account there is a section called "Recent Charges" and right under that it says "Since Dec 24 (closing date Jan 22)". So I appears that my statement may have actually opened for spending on the 24th, which is 5 days after approval, but before activation. I think I will try for a CLI on Saturday February 23, and see what ends up happening. 

Has anyone else seen similar circumstances? Maybe you can check when your first statement opened, OP???

So I'm just a few days ahead of you.  Funny timing.  My AMEX page reads "Since December 17  (Closing date Jan 14)".  I ran the days out and #61 is 2/15, so I'll probably try a day or two before as well - can't hurt.  

Message 22 of 24
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Grats!!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 23 of 24
alboto
Regular Contributor

thanks!!

well my first statement closed on Nov 9th, 4 days after I used the card for the first time buying $1800 in airline tickets. It was a bummer because it closed right after the charges posted and got charged the AF, so my first statement was $1875/$2000 ouch.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.