Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP look/feel?

tag
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

BCP look/feel?

I was approved for the BCP last month and can't wait to get it. Called up AMEX and they said they can't send out the card via UPS expediated because its already been stent out and that I'll have to wait after 10 days before requesting a new one. 

So I'm already an AU on another AMEX BCE account and was wondering if the BCP looks or feels any different from the BCE? For example like the Chase Sapphire is plastic while CSP is made of metal. 

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: BCP look/feel?

Looks like plasic, feels like plastic, even smells like plastic.  It's plastic.

Message 2 of 4
nagisa
New Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

I was approved for the BCP last month and can't wait to get it. Called up AMEX and they said they can't send out the card via UPS expediated because its already been stent out and that I'll have to wait after 10 days before requesting a new one. 

So I'm already an AU on another AMEX BCE account and was wondering if the BCP looks or feels any different from the BCE? For example like the Chase Sapphire is plastic while CSP is made of metal. 

I think it's exactly the same except for a small 'preferred' written on it.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 3 of 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It is plastic, but it's clear, a little sparkly, and the blue part is metallicy!

This is probably the most aesthetically pleasing card I have!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.