Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY CREDIT CARD. STORE OR CREDIT CARD FICO SCORE REQUIRED

tag
arredondo3417
Valued Member

BEST BUY CREDIT CARD. STORE OR CREDIT CARD FICO SCORE REQUIRED

I was wondering how to get the best buy credit card or store card since I been wanting to get a laptop I can buy it cash but I will like to get the card to pay it in payments so un a future time when I get something else I would already have the card. My current scores range lil in the upper 600 on the 3 credit bureaus thanks guys love this forum by the way it's so helpful
Seedling:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TBOY012
Valued Member

Re: BEST BUY CREDIT CARD. STORE OR CREDIT CARD FICO SCORE REQUIRED

I applied for the BB store card (not the m/c ) and was denied at the time (01/2012 ) and my score was roughly under 600. I Then received a prescreen offer from BB for

their BB Mastercard so I applied again (about a month later) and was accepted. They only gave me a limit of 300 and im told that HSBC doesnt like to give you CL's

YMMV but goodluck.

Message 2 of 6
arredondo3417
Valued Member

O really. I will apply at the store and see what they say I hope I get approve for the card I'll let you guys know after I apply
Seedling:
Message 3 of 6
logan_720
Established Contributor

The Best Buy store card is definitely a difficult card to get, at least in my opinion. When I applied I had the intent of financing a tv. So after hitting the "submit" button, the application came back as approved. I wasn't told my limit, I was only told the AF which happened to be a ridiculous $59. A few days later I got the card, with a limit of $300. Fast forward to now, the card has been canceled and I refuse to deal with HSBC. Mainly because they are a rebuilding lender. I would say to even qualify for the store card, which is more prestigious than the MC, you need close to a 700, with a long, clean credit report. And the annoying thing is, is that you cannt decide what card to apply for, it will either give you the store card, or the Reward Zone Masterard.
Message 4 of 6
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

The store card is a great card. no AF and good limits. starting limit 3k increased to 4500 after 3 months. you do get cli on the store card. Score on EQ @ approval was 740 with 6 years of history 2.6 yrs aaoa. 3 30 day lates over 3 years ago though.

With those scores your chances are very slim to get approved for the store card. you might get approved for the mastercard one which has a high AF and low limits and rarely ever get a increase.

Message 5 of 6
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

@Anonymous store card is a great card. no AF and good limits. starting limit 3k increased to 4500 after 3 months. you do get cli on the store card. Score on EQ @ approval was 740 with 6 years of history 2.6 yrs aaoa. 3 30 day lates over 3 years ago though.

With those scores your chances are very slim to get approved for the store card. you might get approved for the mastercard one which has a high AF and low limits and rarely ever get a increase.

+1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.