Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY and Kay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST BUY and Kay

Are there specific dates when they report?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: BEST BUY and Kay

I don't have the Kay card but i have the Best Buy store which for me reports on the 15th every month.

Hope this helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Lexa wrote:
Are there specific dates when they report?

Lexa, which BB card do you have, the store card or the MC?

The store card reports on its statement date, which varies by the individual.

I * think * the MC reports the balance on the last business day of the month, although I don't know when they get around to actually sending in the info. This is what most HSBC/ Orchard bank cards do.

Any BB MC holders out there? Do you know for a fact when your card updates, and what balance it updates?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, it is a store card. I will check on the statement date. Thanks! Does anybody know about KAY?

Message 4 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

Kay reported to TU on 8/20 for July. Didn't check the others(EQ,EX) but probably the same. Usually reports every month on the 20th for me.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

guydiver wrote:
Kay reported to TU on 8/20 for July. Didn't check the others(EQ,EX) but probably the same. Usually reports every month on the 20th for me.

guydiver, does your Kay statement post on the 20th of every month? Or does it post on a different date? (By this, I mean the date that it first appears for viewing, not the due date.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup:  I don't know the posting date.  I only check it on-line once a month to pay my bill on or before the due date. I get paper statements:

Closing date: 07/26/2009

Due Date: 08/21/2009

TrueCredit.com(TU) shows date reported as 8/20/09 for the month of July.

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, sounds like in your case, your statement drops on the 26th or thereabout.

TrueCredit used to have believable posting dates for TU and EX, but I noticed towards the end of my time with them that some were just flat wrong. They would display a payment date that was before when the payment actually posted. (We daily pullers were obsessive little things, lol.)

But if it's showing the 20th of every month, that's probably accurate. That's kind of the same pattern that AmEx does --they don't send in the info until around the due date, four weeks after the statement drops.

Either that, or they just update every month on the 20th for everyone, regardless of cycle, which is more like what HSBC and US Bank do --last business day of the month.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.