Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST&EASIER Alliant,USAA?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

BEST&EASIER Alliant,USAA?

Which of these two are easiest to get and give higher credit limits iyo? And best services?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: BEST&EASIER Alliant,USAA?

Alliant hates me!!

Message 2 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

Which of these two are easiest to get and give higher credit limits iyo? And best services?

Are you eligible for USAA full member status?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 22
Mellon
Established Contributor

Alliant hates me too!!

Message 4 of 22
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Are you eligible for USAA full member status?

Not sure.That Credit Union might be for only select members such as military and such. That would dis-qualify me for sure.

Goal 750 Across

Message 5 of 22
Crashem
Valued Contributor

USAA full membership for veteran or current military and families etc.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 22
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Alliant hates me too!!

I doubt that.They just haven't heard about your good qualities yet. But they will.

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 22
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

USAA full membership for veteran or current military and families etc.

Thanks Crashem.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

USAA is a bank, not a credit union, quick FYI Smiley Tongue . if you have no military background (or anything else listed in their eligiblity list) or a family member who is a full member and has purchased P&C products through them, then you are only eligible for partial member status, which is limited to banking, and 3 different credit card options. 

You can get into alliant by making a donation to one of their non-profit organizations listed on their site if you don't qualify to bank with them. 

Edit: Bah, I always feel stupid when people reply while I'm typing. haha Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 22
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@MountainHiker wrote:

If you are new to Alliant, my experience has been that they are not very generous with their initial CLs. When my fiance first applied, his initial CL was very low. We called and requested reconsideration, especially considering he had also opened a savings account with a considerable balance. After the rep spoke with underwriting, she conveyed that they could only go as high as $3K since he was new to Alliant. She suggested he request a CLI after the relationship was more established.

Note that as of our asking about six months ago, Alliant responded they do not give automatic CLIs. You must request a CLI, upon which they perform a HARD inquiry.

My experience with USAA, which I don't think is a credit union btw, is that their customer service is fabulous.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.