Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE of Balance Transfer from Apple Card to Another

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BEWARE of Balance Transfer from Apple Card to Another

@Anonymous wrote:

Hindsight is usually 20/20 but, did either of you read the T&C's before this topic actually came up?

@Finstar - (YES)

@K-in-Boston - (insert answer here)

Just wondering since it appears you're trying to demean the OP for posting the experience with the faulty BT process in which the payment didn't get applied to their account due to the tokenization of the Apple card.

@Anonymous - 

In fact, it was @Anonymous that clarified it several times in the Apple mega-thread so I became aware of it.   Plus, there were other members who encountered some pain points along the way with the payment process.  IIRC, @Anonymous shared his experience in a separate thread.  This was one of the drawbacks for me, but not necessarily a deterrent for wanting the Apple Card.

I realize that I may represent a tiny minority, but before I get all giddy and googly-eyed over a new shiny object (because it's human nature and it happens), I tend to review the T&C before I even think about clicking "submit".   This is why none of my AmEx accounts are shut off or even bothered with the recent AmEx Hilton "opportunity", because you know... Murphy's Law and whatnot. 

Message 11 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar   Take my AR...it's yours! 

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your input. I bet you're the life of the party! Smiley Very Happy

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hindsight is usually 20/20 but, did either of you read the T&C's before this topic actually came up?

@Finstar - (YES)

@K-in-Boston - (insert answer here)

Just wondering since it appears you're trying to demean the OP for posting the experience with the faulty BT process in which the payment didn't get applied to their account due to the tokenization of the Apple card.

@Anonymous - 

In fact, it was @Anonymous that clarified it several times in the Apple mega-thread so I became aware of it.   Plus, there were other members who encountered some pain points along the way with the payment process.  IIRC, @Anonymous shared his experience in a separate thread.  This was one of the drawbacks for me, but not necessarily a deterrent for wanting the Apple Card.

I realize that I may represent a tiny minority, but before I get all giddy and googly-eyed over a new shiny object (because it's human nature and it happens), I tend to review the T&C before I even think about clicking "submit".   This is why none of my AmEx accounts are shut off or even bothered with the recent AmEx Hilton "opportunity", because you know... Murphy's Law and whatnot. 

Message 13 of 40
busted2
New Contributor

Every forum has a sub-set of members that are both generous and knowledgeable with their advice and judgmental and/or tinged with righteousness, simultaneously. In another forum I belong the best example of this is also the most helpful. He claims  that is the most efficient way to post relevant information. Whatever reason it's a forum thing. 

Appreciate the OP and the replies. Thanks.

Message 14 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

At no point was the OP ridiculed or demeaned.  We have a Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful policy on myFICO that all members should be familiar with.  We are here to help, which is why an explanation of why GS is refusing the payment and how to prevent it from happening for others was given.

To answer the question, no I did not read the terms and conditions of the card prior to this thread because it is not a good fit for me in any manner, the same as I would not know the ins and outs of a Citi AAdvantage card.  Most people will never read a cardmember agreement, and I also would have been quite surprised with the restrictive payment options which are completely unique to this product.

Message 15 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll add the following clarification since it appears your comment missed the mark.   

I fail to see where @K-in-Boston or myself are "demeaning" the OP.   Both of us expressed similar sentiments in the way this situation turned out for the OP.  None of us are cheering the outcome.  And, while the OP's thread is of great relevance for others who may encounter a very similar and unfortunate experience, it's also just as important to recognize how certain lenders work given some quirkiness in their remittance process or the way the handle things - certainly you've been there and shared that in multiple threads, not related to this topic.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

All replies are of value. 

Message 17 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Saeren

All that Citibank requested me to provide was a Creditcard number, expiration, cvv, and the balance on the card. It did not ask me for anything else. 

That seems to be a failing on Citi's part then. Not all credit accounts are credit cards and asking for the CVV puts card security at risk. 

Also, if they were looking cards up in this manner their system should have realized that they can't send payments to a virtual card number. 

Even asking for expiration is a little wierd, and asking for that and CVV would raise a red flag, basically am I really talking to Citi!   In this case it seems that you were, but no idea why Citi would need this info, which is usually only for purchase, and hopefully they weren't charging the card!

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was late in October, they may have not asked for the CVV. You guys are a weird bunch! Haha

Message 19 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Out of curiosity, what was the amount that needed to be transferred to Citi from your Apple card?
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.