Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG BANK is watching my sock drawer

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

BIG BANK is watching my sock drawer

I've sock-drawered a few major cards with no AF and only pull them out every 6 months to purchase some gas or a pizza and immediately pay them off and right back to the drawer they go. 

Well, "Big Bank" has been watching my pattern and today I just received not 1, not 2, but 3 separate special offers specifically for each of my cards (different banks) and it just so happen to be the 6th month when I pull out these exact particular cards for the small purchases, Go Figure!!!

Funny thing... the Cash Back Rewards card that I use the heck out of on a daily basis, never got any love of a special offer and is from one of the same banks (different card).

Just letting you know, their marketing departments are watching our drawers (pun intended) Smiley Very Happy

Shameless plug:  Don't forget to checkout the thread, General Credit Topics > 700 Club class of 2010 - Reunion

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BIG BANK is watching my sock drawer

Its a conspiracy, really!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
veracious
Established Contributor

Big Banks know everything!!!     Smiley Surprised

fused
Moderator Emeritus

@veracious wrote:

Big Banks know everything!!!     Smiley Surprised

I was being silly in my first post. The truth is banks not only know everything about us, they also control just about everything.

Message 4 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@JayRizzo wrote:

I've sock-drawered a few major cards with no AF and only pull them out every 6 months to purchase some gas or a pizza and immediately pay them off and right back to the drawer they go. 

Well, "Big Bank" has been watching my pattern and today I just received not 1, not 2, but 3 separate special offers specifically for each of my cards (different banks) and it just so happen to be the 6th month when I pull out these exact particular cards for the small purchases, Go Figure!!!

Funny thing... the Cash Back Rewards card that I use the heck out of on a daily basis, never got any love of a special offer and is from one of the same banks (different card).

Just letting you know, their marketing departments are watching our drawers (pun intended) Smiley Very Happy

Shameless plug:  Don't forget to checkout the thread, General Credit Topics > 700 Club class of 2010 - Reunion

Oh jeez.... now I have the urge to go tidy up... Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!  We all had a Smiley Expression in each funny and true post.

Message 6 of 10
mauve
Valued Contributor

WAY TO BREAK THAT STREAK Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahaa!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Haha, that's not too surprising I guess.  Care to share which banks?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 10
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I'm kind of in the same situtation as OP.

Now that Chase has moved to 3rd or 4th rank in my wallet -- from tied for 1st -- they have been sending me 0% for 9 or 12 months and 1.9% for 18 months BT offers every month. I never received offers from them when they were getting used regularly.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.