cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

yes anytime after 61 days is fine.

180 between increases is correct
Message 31 of 49
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sunkissed wrote:

My question is do we still have to wait 180 days between successful increases?

Because they say you have to, its their internal policy.

Message 32 of 49
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

My question is do we still have to wait 180 days between successful increases?

Because they say you have to, its their internal policy.

Just making sure that part hasn't changed Smiley Wink  Too bad Smiley Sad

Thanks gdale & kdm for the info Smiley Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 33 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way, but wouldn't requesting a CLI in the first 60 days be more similar to a recon on your SL?  

Message 34 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm over 61 days but prefer to wait a bit longer. Amex is still getting to know me. Id like to wine and dine them a little more before taking things to the next level Smiley Tongue Dont really need a 5 digit CL, itll be nice if approved but I dont need it, so no need to rush

My thoughts also.  Wine and dine?  That sure is a purdy SimplyCash.

Signature needs updating
Message 35 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

The rep actually told me on the phone to wait 60 days and then call in for a CLI.  That was like a week ago. 

I mean...  It would be nice.  If you try and get denied, that means you have to then wait 90 days??

Yep, they changed that part (as part of the roll out of not having to wait 61 days).  The reps were unaware, and some gave out wrong advice.  I would err on the side of caution here.

Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it arrives tomorrow! Smiley Very Happy
Message 37 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's clear that the 61 day 'requirement' is no longer valid.  I was approved for the 3X limit at day 51 and my g/f did the same.  If you read thru the AMEX 3X thread there are multiple reports of it happening.  Now as to how early after approval it can be done is still in the air but we need to drop the notion that 61 days is required.  Whether they will do more than 3X is unknown and I guess we do need a gp for that.

As a community leader Iirsh I nominate you to be said GP Smiley Happy

LOL

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And it arrives tomorrow! Smiley Very Happy

Yay.  Use it for a bottle of bubbly. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 39 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Smiley Very HappyAres19 wrote:

Is 61 days REALLY that long of a wait? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm as impatient as most people... and I'm only about halfway to my 61 days and it feels like it's still so far away. But 61 days isn't really that much time. What other cards allow you the opportunity to possibly triple your CL after being a customer for only 2 months?

Well i will just add. if i was under 700 experian. i would wait the 61 days no matter what. to be safe. if i was over 700. i would wait at least 30-40 days. to make sure amex knows my payment and usage pattern. just saying. if denied. 90 days is a long time to wait and wonder. When i got  my 3x increase. my experian at the time was around 670. when i apped. it was only a couple points lower. put i know amex noticed i paid in full whatever i charged. but when i went for the cli. i did have a balance and went from 3500-10500 no problems. no im just counting for the 181 day cli. i wonder if that is early too.

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.