Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

tag
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Re: BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.  That's a shocker.  I know that they'll pull EXP for mortgages, but this is the first I've heard for a cc.

That Skybranch score has always seemed so random.

That's good to know.  I think we'll stay under their radar for awhile.  DH's EXP is his least happy score.

I just doubled checked, the quarterly credit score Alliant provides online is the:

• Experian Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen)
  • Range: 150 to 950
  • To give you an idea, my FICOs are in the low 800s and my last 3 quarters of Advanced Risk Scores have been 839, 858, 866.

Message 461 of 471
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi Optimal,

Yep.  I think it's random because they pull EQ FICO to open cc accounts and car loans, and then report EXP FAKO to their consumers quarterly.

We like DH's Alliant CC, but we ignore the FAKO score they give to consumers.  And, as you note, that particular score has a range from 150-950, which is quite different than FICO's 350-850.  But they gave DH his first high limit card, and they've been fine to work with.  We bypassed a refi with them, and they were slower and had higher interest rates on car loans than our local CU.  Still, the CC is just fine.

Message 462 of 471
    OptimalFICO
    Valued Member

@OptimalFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.  That's a shocker.  I know that they'll pull EXP for mortgages, but this is the first I've heard for a cc.

That Skybranch score has always seemed so random.

That's good to know.  I think we'll stay under their radar for awhile.  DH's EXP is his least happy score.

I just doubled checked, the quarterly credit score Alliant provides online is the:

• Experian Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen)
  • Range: 150 to 950
  • To give you an idea, my FICOs are in the low 800s and my last 3 quarters of Advanced Risk Scores have been 839, 858, 866.

Ok! This was bugging me and so I just called Alliant and you are correct! For membership, Alliant pulls a hard inquiry with EQ. For CCs they also pull hard inquiry from EQ, but apparently they use a different model (not the FICO score), the "Pinacle Model 2.0." This erks me because the customer sevice rep I spoke with when we were getting my boyfriend's CL reconsidered specifically told me Experian! I even have it written down! And then of course they provide members quarterly with their Experian score noted above. Crazy!  I'm not keen on Alliant's CCs because there's nothing special about their reward programs, but it was a good choice for rebuilding my boyfriend's credit since they would approve with the 7 year old BK. And you can't beat their checking and savings interest rates! Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight :-)

Message 463 of 471
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Ch7 filed 6/2009.

Opened up a $1,000 secured CD loan from NFCU in Sept. 2009 (reports to all 3 as unsecured installment loan). 

Got approved for Barclays iTunes in March 2010.  $1,900 cl, no AF. 23% apr.  605 TU FICO at the time of application.

I first applied for a Barclay card in Sept 2009 and their "credit analist" told me they would only approve a with a bk if their is another positive tradeline reporting.  She was right.  Got the secured loan from NFCU, then got approved for a regular unsecured card 6 months later.  TU FICO was at 525 in Aug 2009, is at 655 today.

Message 464 of 471
    castlefox
    Regular Contributor

OptimalFICO,

I would start thinking about a CLI on that Alliant credit card.   It has been about 6 months now.     Please post what CLI you got.   I am courious as to what they offer you

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
    (FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
    Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
    Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
    2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
    2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
    Message 465 of 471
    OptimalFICO
    Valued Member

____________________________________________________________________________________

castlefox wrote:

OptimalFICO,

I would start thinking about a CLI on that Alliant credit card.   It has been about 6 months now.

Please post what CLI you got.   I am courious as to what they offer you

____________________________________________________________________________________

You're right! Actually it's been about  nine months and I have been thinking about requesting a CLI.   I had emailed to ask if they can do an internal account review to grant a CLI versus a hard inquiry.  Alas, they have to pull a hard inquiry which is problematic because we are looking to purchase a home in the next several months and so don't want any unnecessary inquiries as we are getting ready to begin the prequal process.  I'll keep you posted or feel free to ask any questions in the meantime. I'm still not super impressed with the card. And FYI Alliant recently reduced it's savings and checking rates to around 1.10% APY. Still very competitive, but AmExp's high yield savings account is at 1.30% APY.

Message 466 of 471
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Today I hit the luv button on Dillards and got a 2500 CLI.  That's by far my biggest CLI ever.

Dillards has now grown from $700 CL to $4850 CL in 27 months.

So, my Dillards history looks like:

July 09 opened card with a $700 CL.

Nov 09 CLI of $250 for a $950 CL.

Mar 10 CLI of $500 for a $1450 CL.

Sep 10 CLI of $300 for a $1750 CL.  (I got lazy about hitting the luv button - probably could have gotten this a few months earlier)

Jan 11 CLI of $300 for a $2050 CL

June 11 CLI of $300 for a $2350 CL

Oct 11 CLI of $2500 for a $4850 CL

I only use my Dillards a few times a year (and for small purchases) and PIF.  Think it's great this card grows even with a BK still on the reports.  And they do have some outrageously good clearances/sales.  Smiley Wink

Message 467 of 471
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I thought that Macy's was not approving new accounts with BK unless it was 4 years post bk?

Message 468 of 471
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Holy crap! I found this forum and went and applied for a US Air card from Barclays and got approved with a $2,000 limit! woohoo!

Thanks guys!

Edit: oh yea and I had a Juniper that was IIB, lol it is still showing up on my online account, ill have to get customer service to blank that one out of there.

Message 469 of 471
    starry1
    Valued Contributor

This is a greatly helpful thread. Why isn't it stickied anymore? Some current comments would be great. Thanks.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
    Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
    Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
    Message 470 of 471
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.