Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BML closed because of shipping address change

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

BML closed because of shipping address change

We are having a jeep built and decided to use the BML account we have had for a while. found the part on ebay bought it, marked the shipping address to the shop. Went to buy next piece a few days later and it wouldnt work. Called in and they said we closed the account because of the address change? I said how do you send gifts to people? you have it shipped home and then resend it out? he said dunno, not my problem we closed the account. I went online and paid the $50 bucks and guess thats it... really sucks for them to act like that.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: BML closed because of shipping address change

@swpopham wrote:

We are having a jeep built and decided to use the BML account we have had for a while. found the part on ebay bought it, marked the shipping address to the shop. Went to buy next piece a few days later and it wouldnt work. Called in and they said we closed the account because of the address change? I said how do you send gifts to people? you have it shipped home and then resend it out? he said dunno, not my problem we closed the account. I went online and paid the $50 bucks and guess thats it... really sucks for them to act like that.

Did you speak to a supervisor?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
n777ua
Established Contributor

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but there HAS to be more to this story.  Banks don't just close accounts b/c of address changes.  Any lates or deliquincies on your CR lately ? If you know you haven't made any late payments, I'd pull all three just to make sure.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but there HAS to be more to this story.  Banks don't just close accounts b/c of address changes.  Any lates or deliquincies on your CR lately ? If you know you haven't made any late payments, I'd pull all three just to make sure.

I was thinking the same thing Smiley LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I've had stuff shipped to 3 different address using my Bill Me Later account with no issues. I find it hard to believe this is the main reason for the account to be closed. 

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm guessing there's other changes on his CR.

The address change probably prompted BML to do a new SP on his file. They saw something they didn't like, and went ahead to close the account.

Call them and find out exactly why. Also check your CRs. It could also be due to a misunderstanding of some sort.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 9
swpopham
Established Contributor

There were no changes to my report besides maybe a 0 balance reporting on a few cards.  I watch my credit everyday from like 4 different monitors. I spoke to the first level of cs. Im not worried about it, I was just currious if anyone else had it happen. As of last count I have around 275k in revolving credit. Losing a 5k line is not a heart ache at all. Now if we lost JPM or NFCU we would be hosed royally! I called to find out why it wouldnt work and the guy said " we closed your account because of the address change" a letter will be in the mail.... No other info was given, he was very rude to deal with and hung up before I could get a word in edge wise. If it was a normal day I would have called back and raised hell but I dont have time right now with us being in our busy season, getting this jeep built, and our house selling... just too much to worry about right now!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.