Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMOHarris/Diner's Club SP question

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

BMOHarris/Diner's Club SP question

I wasn't sure which forum to stick this question, but this seemed to make the most sense.

I have a corporate BMOHarris (Mastercard) Diner's card issued to me through an old employer.
For reasons I can't even with, I was sent a new card, though I haven't worked there for a while.

I track my soft pulls, and I see that BMOHarris SP's me like clockwork.

Does anyone have experience with this card/company - are they pecking at me because of this business card?  I just have it in my sock drawer for giggles, I have no other link with BMO (the new/unexpired card wasn't even activated).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BMOHarris/Diner's Club SP question

Calling ye ol' @Anonymous Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

I wasn't sure which forum to stick this question, but this seemed to make the most sense.

I have a corporate BMOHarris (Mastercard) Diner's card issued to me through an old employer.
For reasons I can't even with, I was sent a new card, though I haven't worked there for a while.

Does anyone have experience with this card/company - are they pecking at me because of this business card?  I just have it in my sock drawer for giggles, I have no other link with BMO (the new/unexpired card wasn't even activated).

Sure got'ta wonder what is the deal. As we all know, Diners Club USA has been closed to the public for several years. Wonder if they would let you open a personal account?

Message 3 of 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have the personal Diners USA unicorn card, along with several others here.

I would suggest calling them to see if it can be converted to a personal US version.

Then there will be a new rush to try to open the Corp version with BMO to convert those to personal Smiley Happy
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to open a new consumer CC account for the OP.

OP, sounds like the corporate card program administrator didn't receive any offboarding information for terminating or closing your corporate card if you are no longer with that employer, hence the recently issued card.

The SPs are pretty standard depending on the T&C of the DC corporate card policy and your former employer (i.e. liability).

Even before DC launched their consumer CCs under BMO, Citi (the previous issuer) was doing SPs when I had a previous DC corp card.
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:
I have the personal Diners USA unicorn card, along with several others here.

I would suggest calling them to see if it can be converted to a personal US version.

Then there will be a new rush to try to open the Corp version with BMO to convert those to personal Smiley Happy

My understanding based on folks who tried that route, DC isn't able to convert a corp card to a consumer card. 

Message 6 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to open a new consumer CC account for the OP.

OP, sounds like the corporate card program administrator didn't receive any offboarding information for terminating or closing your corporate card if you are no longer with that employer, hence the recently issued card.

The SPs are pretty standard depending on the T&C of the DC corporate card policy and your former employer (i.e. liability).

Even before DC launched their consumer CCs under BMO, Citi (the previous issuer) was doing SPs when I had a previous DC corp card.

Thanks for the information!

It's likely that my previous employer forgot I even had the card.
They rarely gave them out, and only for those who travelled and didn't have a credit card (my bad old non-credit days).

Message 7 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Sure got'ta wonder what is the deal. As we all know, Diners Club USA has been closed to the public for several years. Wonder if they would let you open a personal account?

If my math isn't off by too much, I got this card in 2014, so it's been a whiiiiiiiile.

Message 8 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I wonder if they would upgrade it to a personal card or just direct bill it to you.  I have not seen a thing in ages on Diner's Club cards in ages.

Guyatthebeach

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I wonder if they would upgrade it to a personal card or just direct bill it to you.  I have not seen a thing in ages on Diner's Club cards in ages.

Guyatthebeach

If the OP incurred any transactions, they would generate a corporate card statement for said charges.  That said, he's no longer with that particular company so I would imagine the former employer would receive a transaction report on the usage of the card and possibly shut it off.  But, there's no method of "upgrading" to a consumer card since the OP is not the individual owner nor the guarantor of the corporate card. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.