Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW Financial Credit Card - Scores?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

BMW Financial Credit Card - Scores?

I was out car shopping with my friend this weekend, I had heard that BMW sometimes issues credit cards to well qualified people when they apply for a new car lease or purchase but never had seen it happen myself. My friend signed a lease on a 2010 BMW 335i fully loaded, and as was rumored, he was approved for a 10k credit card at the same time of application. His scores are very high, 750 across all three bureaus. What is the average score people have seen for getting approved for this card? Can you apply for it without owning a BMW or ever have financed through BMW? I am somewhat interested in both the car and the credit card. If I could get both at the same time I would be over joyed.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BMW Financial Credit Card - Scores?

Hello yes I my BF got a 5series last week and got the card, he is 27 no Cosigner and got 1,400 CL. He did get 0% apr for 6 months then after 21.9!!! Are you in the market for one?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and his scores were 671 with AAoA at 3 years

Message 3 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Did they only Pull one report and was it through EQ?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes he locked his TU and EX 2 days before he bought, had to send in a formal request to EX. But locked TU online thru TrueCredit.com.....He just told me as I am typing he got a CLI to 4,000 after he activated so my mistake. 

Message 5 of 7
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I purchased a BMW 328i coupe in November '09 and while sitting with the finance manager, he handed me the pre-approval application for the BMW Card and my scores were I believe around 725 average between EQ and TU. Not sure about Experian since we're not allowed to see the Experian FICO score. Dealer pulled all 3 reporting agencies, for the car AND the card. BMW Financial Services (great rate for the car at 1.99% APR) and rate for the BMW Bank of North America Visa Rewards card is 4.99% with a credit line of $2,650. My experience with the card has been ok with no complaints. I use this card to pay every bill I've got and pay off the balance in full every 25 days so there's no finance charge. Their website lacks all of the bells and whistles that a Citibank or US Bank site but it works...it has an online bill pay feature just like all of them do but it is a little slow to update after you make a payment....give it at least 10 days before the drop dead payment date otherwise you may be looking at a late fee. Hasn't happened to me yet but I keep a close eye on the billing cycle and give myself at least a 10 day cushion.

Message 6 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

it looks like you can call them to apply for the visa card - i found this phone number just in case you want to call - To Apply for the BMW Card call 1-866-861-8187

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.