Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500

tag
betax
New Contributor

BOA 99/500

Hello,

I would like some feedback, I have a  99/500 partially secured card for now 23 Months. Recently requested CLI increase got denied no suprise there. I called in to CS to consider closing the account.  Customer service person asked reason(s), i stated that I been trying to graduate the card for the past year or so and year fee of $39 comming up. Soooo the agent went and closed my account with out actually reviewing it, then proceeded to tell me me account graduated on the 20th of March which was 24 hours prior to me calling in.  I never asked if it indeeed was eligable. I was livid at this point. I asked more about it, then at this point call went mute and i hung up. Called back in and spoke to a credit analyst, they agreed what CS did not handle the call and situation properly and reopned my account and said nothing would change and my check is in the mail for the deposit. Its only been about 24 hours since account was apparently re opened. Anyone know how long this typically takes to show acount active and online again? By the way analyst never told me they would have to pull l my credit "HP to Transunion to reopen, "just that they had to review my account for a minute"  In any case hopefully they have the notes and i can get the yearly fee removed comming up in May. Enough of my rant.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA 99/500

It should reflect as reopened/reactivated within 72 hours.   There are instances where that may take a little longer, but not often. 

Message 2 of 4
zerofire
Valued Contributor

While it is rare for BoA to make a mistake it is not unheard of. I also agree that the original CSR handled the call less than optimally. I do believe that they should have looked at the account first instead of blindly closing. Properly graduated accounts will not have an AF so there was either one confused rep or there was other miscommunication. It is good that you got it reopened. BoA might not have had enough time to report the closure as they prefer to wait until the statement cuts.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 4
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Its been said before on this board and let this be an example. Never threaten to close an account that you dont really want closed just to try to get CS to drop a AF, fee or some other benefit.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.