Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA AMEX

does boa still do cli at activation for thier amex cards?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA AMEX

BofA is very tight on CLI's these days. I posted about my recent experience here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=170635

The only way you will find out is by calling and asking. Use the telephone number in my post. That way you will get a credit analysts eyeballs on your info. There us no harm in asking. Worst they can say is no! Just be aware - they have a Jekyl and Hyde nature at BorA. Don't be too disappointed if the person you speak to is not nice.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks creditwherecreditisdue, I ll give it a try tomorrow, I just hope it wont trigger any AA from boa. The thing is this is a card that was a fully secured just a few weeks ago.

i m planning on not to apply for anything for at least a year, so that my 2 cards age a little. But in case boa gets nasty hopefully my clean EQ will help me get a decent cu card.

Message 3 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If that call is not fruitful and since you are finished being secured you could go right back to the soft inq pre-app site and see if it gives you any offers:

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I m sure if I apply with them I ll get denied due to too many inq on experian. I d love to get another card but with different bank or cu but my credit history is very short only 9 months I fought hard to get that boa amex though !

Message 5 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You have one BofA card that just converted. Who is the other card with?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

boa amex    8k

macys         $200

Message 7 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I don't think you are going to get a whole lot more from BofA.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeh maby you are right i was hoping my income whould help me 115k / year if they ask for a proof or something
Message 9 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would ask. What's the worst they could do, say NO?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.